Sunday, April 20, 2014

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #3)



{Review} Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Title: Opal
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: December 11th, 2012 by Entangled Teen
Pages: 382

{Summary}
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it


{Review}
I really love Jennifer L. Armentrout’s writing and this book was no exception.  For some reason I did not like this book as much as her previous two, but I still liked it….a lot.  Opal picks up exactly where Onyx left off and now the characters must deal with the aftermath of a major death and Dawson’s return.  I really think the element that helps to make a good series into a great one, is its supporting characters.  The Lux series has some of the best supporting characters that I absolutely love.  I also feel like this series has a very good plot, it is not too complicated that it is hard to understand, but it is in-depth enough that it creates an amazing world.  I love the chemistry between Daemon and Katy, if fact, I think that they are one of my most loved book couples.  Just a warning, this book ends on an insane cliffhanger, so be prepared to run out an buy the next book as soon as you are finished.  I don’t have any reasons why a reader should not pick up this book series, especially because Obsidian may be made into a movie!  


{Rating}



If you want to keep up on all the Jennifer L. Armentrout’s book series and movie news about Obsidian, follow her Facebook page here.  Also, if you love the Lux series, make sure to check out her adult spin off book Obsession.  You can check it out on Amazon here, but she warns that this is an ADULT book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...