Sunday, May 18, 2014

Hexed by Michelle Krys (Hexed #1)



{Review} Hexed by Michelle Krys
Title: Hexed (The Witch Hunter #1)
Author: Michelle Krys
Published: June 10th, 2014 by Delacorte Press
Pages: 384
{Amazon}{Goodreads

{Thank you Delacorte Press and Netgalley for providing this in return for an honest review}

{Summary}
If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But it’s when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie’s world that she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn’t get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that’s seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she’s a witch too.

Suddenly forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers, Indie’s about to uncover the many dark truths about her life—and a future unlike any she ever imagined on top of the cheer pyramid.

{Review}
This book has to be one of the best books that I have read so far this year.  It was a fast-paced read that lacked any boring moments.  The writing in this book was humorous and witty, I could not get enough.  I loved the banter between Indigo and Bishop, it was hilarious, and the chemistry that was between them was undeniable.  The plot of this book had everything: mystery, suspense, and romance.  I normally don’t gravitate to books about witches and warlocks, but the plot involving the "Bible" was fantastic and intriguing.  The story flowed seamlessly and I loved all the twists that were integrated into the plot (most I didn’t even see coming).  The ending to this book was so good!  It was able to wrap up most of the loose ends, but still keep enough mystery to keep me dying to know what happens in the next installment.  

This book made me have all the feels, which was easy because of the great character development.  I loved the characters in this book!  I felt that I had a connection with Indigo, Bishop, Paige, and Jezebel and I really cared about what happened to them.  Indigo’s character development was really great, I could defiantly see the change from a self-conscious cheerleader to a confident, kick-butt witch.  Paige was also a great supporting character and brought a lot of wit to the book and I loved to hate Bianca, but by far, my most favorite character had to be Bishop.  He was able to pull off being cocky and charming all at the same time, without being over-the-top and annoying.  Indigo and Bishop are by far my new favorite book couple.

In all, I would highly recommend this book to everyone!  It was amazing and the only negative thing that I can say about it is that I have to wait a year for the next installment, which is going to be absolute torture!

{Rating}


Want to learn more about Michelle Krys and keep up to date on her new releases? Check out her website here.    

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...