Sunday, June 8, 2014

Foreplay by Sophie Jordan (The Ivy Chromicles #1)



{Review} Foreplay by Sophie Jordan
Title: Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles #1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Published: November 5th, 2013 by William Morrow
Pages: 320

{Summary}
Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

{Review}
I really liked this New Adult book! This book is a contemporary romance that is intended for 17 years old and plus because of sexual situations.  The plot pacing in this book kept me interested from the beginning to the end and the characters in this book were amazing.  I felt like the ending was a little cliché, but there were some twists that I did not see coming.  I felt like this book felt much longer than it actually was, I felt like I had lived a year with these characters and had become very attached to them.  

I really liked Pepper; she was vulnerable and strong all at the same time.  I liked that she was not a perfect character and had a dark history that made her more interesting.  In fact, I think it was Pepper’s history that made the storyline less corny.  Her history enables why she is obsessed with being with Hunter and her inexperience in relationships.  I loved Reece!  Everything about his character was perfect.  I could not think of a male lead in a contemporary romance book being written any better.  He was sensitive and caring, but was still strong and mysterious all at the same time.  I loved Pepper’s college friends, Emerson and Georgia, who were constantly pushing her out of her comfort zone.  I did like Hunter as well, but I felt like he was not in the book enough for me to get an attachment to him, which was good because I did not want this book to have an obvious love triangle. 

The romance in this book was great.  The whole time I was reading, I could see this being a great romantic comedy movie.  The chemistry between Pepper and Reece was very addicting and I liked how this book did not focus solely on the “sexy” scenes, but was much deeper than that.  In fact, the character development and the connection between Pepper and Reece were the driving plot of this book.  If you were to take out all the sex scenes, this book still would have been one of my favorite books.  In fact, I don’t really like too explicit books, but the premise and reviews of this book had me intrigued.  However, this book was really detailed, which is not bad, but defiantly should not be read by young teens.  I feel like these books are more intimate than R rated movies, where in a movie you can kind of see what is going on, but in a book, it is very detailed what is happening.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book.  I would recommend it to mature young adults who love contemporary romance books.  I want to continue on with the series since the second book focuses on Pepper’s friend, Emerson.    

{Rating}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...