Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday 56 #1


The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice.  Post one or a few sentences from page or percentage 56 from any book.  Check out the rules and join the fun by clicking here.

This Friday 56 is from:





“I look away just as garbled choking sounds fill the theater.  My stomach lurches.  Something surges up my throat, and I puke.  I puke and puke and puke until there’s nothing left to bring up, not even bile, and my throat stings and I’m heaving for air, and I don’t even bother to wipe away the mess dripping down my chin.” –Hexed



Why This Quote?


I absolutely loved this book!  I thought the quote from this scene is so powerful and raw.  56% falls at a very spoiler-y area in this book so I had to choose my quote very carefully and I feel like this one gives a good representation of the writing style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...