Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday : Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year







This is a weekly meme created by Broke and Bookish.  Every week there will be a new subject to create a top 10 list of.


This week’s subject:

Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far This Year
   
1.)    Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I absolutely love the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout!  I really like anything written by Jennifer L. Armentrout, but this series has to be one of my all time favorites.  I am so sad that it will be coming to an end in August, but I am still excited to see the conclusion.



2.)    Foreplay by Sophie Jordan
This is the best New Adult book that I have ever read (which is not a lot, but I still loved it)!  I thought the characters were great and I really liked that it didn't just focus on a romance and had great character development.


3.)    Hexed by Michelle Krys


I am so glad that I read this book! It was amazing and I had a hard time putting it down.  I thought it was fast paced and thought that the ending was pretty crazy! I can’t wait to get my hands on the second book when it comes out next year.


4.) The One by Kiera Cass

I really found this series to be addicting and was defiantly a guilty pleasure read for me.  I didn’t think that this series was too deep, but I overall enjoyed it.  I thought The One was such a great conclusion to The Selection series and everything wrapped up nicely.


5.) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I really enjoyed reading this book, even though I am alittle late on the fandom of this book.  I really enjoyed the friendships in this book and the character development.  I am so glad that this is a long series so I will get to continue reading it for awhile.


6.) Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

This book should totally be made into a movie (Flynn’s other two novels are, but so should this one).  It was a relatively short read, full of damaged characters and an intriguing mystery.  I would recommend this to mature readers looking for a dark mystery.


7.)    The Fever by Megan Abbott
I was at the edge of my seat reading this book.  I could not put it down and loved how it was in several character’s perspectives.  I did not see the ending coming and was completely shocked.  Again, this book is for mature readers.


8.) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


I found the writing in this book to be so unique and different.  I did think some of the lines were so beautiful, although, some I thought were a little strange.  I was very intrigued by the plot of this book and loved the steamy love triangle.



9.)    Wicked Games by Jill Myles & Jessica Clare
This was a short book that is defiantly for mature audiences.  I really love reality TV shows and thought that the idea of setting the plot around the show Survivor was really cool.  I thought this book was really steamy, but I liked it mostly for the relationship between the two main characters. 



10.)    Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I loved this novella and thought it was a great start to The Dark Elements series.  It was also written by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which I love her writing.  I can’t wait to pick up the first book in this series!

2 comments:

  1. Nice list. I received The Fever from Netgalley and haven't gotten to it yet, it just bumped its way up my TBR list.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...