Sunday, June 22, 2014

Undertow by K.R. Conway



{Review} Undertow
Title: Undertow (Undertow #1)
Author: K.R. Conway
Published: October 11th, 2013 by Conway
Pages: 398

{Thank you Conway and Netgalley for providing this in return for an honest review}

 {Summary}
Seventeen-year-old Eila Walker’s new home has defied the brutal Atlantic for over 160 years. Abandoned since her 4th great grandmother Elizabeth vanished, the town legend declares that she drowned . . . or was struck by lightning.

Unbeknownst to the town and Eila, however, is that someone does know what really happened to Elizabeth, and he has returned, determined to protect the last surviving Walker from a history of violence.

But what starts out as a quest for redemption, evolves into something more and soon young guardian, Raef, is forced to reveal the truth to Eila. As hidden secrets about their warring
families come to light, Eila begins to realize that she may be their best shot at survival, even if it means following in her grandmother’s fearless footsteps to save her killer bodyguard. 

{Review}
I really liked this book!  I thought the plot pacing was fantastic and the writing was witty and entertaining.  I really enjoyed that there were three love stories in this book and I was very invested in all of them.  I also enjoyed the mystery of this book and that aspects of the plot were not revealed until halfway through it.  I felt there was very good character development at the beginning, which made me really care for the characters, and then the ending was very fast paced and exciting.  I absolutely loved the plot of this book and liked the spin on the paranormal aspects.  It is hard to say too much about all that happens in this book because it is full of twists that I did not see coming.      

I thought that the writing style was very addictive and I found myself not wanting to put this book down.  I also thought that it was genius that the author was able to integrate how to pronounce some of the terms that not all readers may know into the book.  I found it very helpful and I think it takes some enjoyment out of a book when you are held up by trying to figure out how to read characters names or other frequently used terms throughout a book.      

I think the real driving force of this book is its amazing characters and I really did fall in love with all of them.  Eila was very relatable and I liked her witty inner dialogue.  I also really liked Raef, he was defiantly swoon worthy and I could not get enough of him by the end of the book.  I thought MJ and Ana made for great side-kicks and really wish I could know more about their abilities, especially Ana’s ability.  I also loved the story between Ana and Kian and can’t wait to get my hands on the novella featuring them!  I also was very intrigued by the plot of Elizabeth and am also excited that there will be a novella featuring her and her story.  I really enjoyed the friendships that were developed in this plot and felt that all the relationships were very genuine.  I am also glad to say that there was no insta-love in this book, although there is some extreme chemistry.

Overall, I absolutely devoured this book and cannot wait to get my hands on the second book, which thankfully will be out sometime in summer 2014.  I would recommend this book to anyone because it is so good!  

{Rating}







Check out Conway's webpage to learn the latest news about the upcoming second novel, Stormfront, in the Undertow series here..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...