Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #11



 “Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.


The Islands at the End of the World by Austin Aslan
Coming Out On August 5th, 2014
Published by Wendy Lamb Books
304 Pages

About The Book
In this fast-paced survival story set in Hawaii, electronics fail worldwide, the islands become completely isolated, and a strange starscape fills the sky. Leilani and her father embark on a nightmare odyssey from Oahu to their home on the Big Island. Leilani’s epilepsy holds a clue to the disaster, if only they can survive as the islands revert to earlier ways.

A powerful story enriched by fascinating elements of Hawaiian ecology, culture, and warfare, this captivating and dramatic debut from Austin Aslan is the first of two novels. The author has a master’s degree in tropical conservation biology from the University of Hawaii at Hilo.

I love books about survival and I like that it is only going to have two books (so that I don't have to wait years to complete the series).  I also like that this is a story of a girl and her father, which I think is unique...it always seems like it's the main character with a friend, love interest, or little brother/sister when it comes to book like this.  I also am intrigued about what clue the main character's epilepsy could hold.  Overall, this seems like a very interesting read and I can't wait until it comes out.

Why I Want To Read This Book
I love books about survival and this one seems very interesting!  I like that this story focuses on a daughter and father duo because it seems unique from the usual pairings of the main character and their friend, love interest, or brother/sister.  I also like that this book includes mystery and is a two book series (so that I will not have to wait years to finish the series).  I am very excited for this book to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...