Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday 56 #12



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice.  Post one or a few sentences from page or percentage 56 from any book.  Check out the rules and join the fun by clicking here.


This Friday 56 is from:


“I’ve watched you open your door each morning, these two years since I came back.  Watched your throat swallow cold creek water, heard your feet tread through the forest leaves, seen your hands steer your plow.  Were all your labors and your living for nothing?  All the beauty you brought into my life, shall it go unpaid? –All the Truth That’s in Me



Why This Quote?


This book was the first book I have read that was in second person and I feel like this quote represents what writing style Berry used.  I think it was so unique to write the book as if the main character was talking to someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting 56. That cover is pulling me in though too.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what really made me interested in reading the book : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...