Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings {Handpicked by Dani Oden}




The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice, as well as Book Beginnings which is hosted by Rose City Reader.  Post one or a few sentences from page or percentage 56 from any book, as well as the first sentence (or sentences) of a book you would like to highlight.

Title: Handpicked
Author: Dani Oden
Published: August 5th, 2014 by Dani Oden

Page 56:
Once I was through the door, I stood outside, trying to catch my breath.  I stood there, my chest heaving, for so long that eventually I heard more voices in the library.  It had to have been Sister President and Tammy coming back through the fireplace.  I could picture the three of them in there, and Kayla telling them I was still standing outside, like one of those super villains from old Saturday morning cartoons who can see through walls.  Before they could find me, I darted up the stairs two at a time, making it back to my closet room in seconds. 

First Sentence:
I never thought I’d be a sorority girl.

Why This Quote?

This book was pretty entertaining and I loved that it was a New Adult book that had mystery and horror elements involved.  This book is defiantly not scary and I feel like the quote above really gives a good vibe as to what readers can expect from reading this book. 

6 comments:

  1. Coming back through the fireplace. Okay, that caught my attention:)
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/19/the-friday-56-37-eating-sarah-by-jaret-martens/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beginning made me laugh and I'm definitely curious about why anyone is coming through the fireplace. This looks like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else why are they coming through the fireplace? Is it a method of transportation like in Harry Potter or maybe like the wardrobe to Narnia. But then you mention elements of horror so maybe it is something much more sinister. Great choice!

    Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read... but yeah, what's with the fireplace?!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a New Adult horror book and the main character finds something alarming behind the fireplace. I really thought I would like the book, but sadly it was not the best. Thanks for the comments : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. First line is enough to draw anyone in. :) The cover is quite good too.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...