Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday 56 & Book Beginnings {Breathe for Me by Phonda Helms}




The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda’s Voice, as well as Book Beginnings which is hosted by Rose City Reader.  Post one or a few sentences from page or percentage 56 from any book, as well as the first sentence (or sentences) of a book you would like to highlight.


Title: Breathe for Me
Author: Rhonda Helms
Published: August 5th, 2014 by Spencer Hill Press




Page 56:
His gentle words about my lie, his armor of protective clothing so he can’t get me ill, almost undo me.  My stomach twists.  How can I do this anymore?  I am so tired of living a constant falseness.   But it’s not like I can tell anyone the truth.  Who would possibly believe me?

First Sentence:
“I’m tired of chemistry,” Samantha grumbles under her breath.  She drops the beaker back into its hole, rolling her eyes dramatically.  “I’m going to be an artist.  So why do I need to know how to use a Bunsen burner?”


Why This Quote?
I absolutely loved the writing style of this book.  Sometimes when I was reading Helms’s words, I felt like it was almost like poetry.  It was beautiful and flowed effortlessly.  I don’t really think either of these quotes demonstrates how wonderful the writing is so I would highly recommend readers who are interested in this book to give it a try.    

2 comments:

  1. I really like the sounds of this book. Seems like an easy read for a lazy afternoon.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great easy read. Perfect for the weekend or a vacation : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...