Thursday, October 16, 2014

{Review} Unmarked by Kami Garcia



Unmarked by Kami Garcia
Published: September 30th, 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Series: The Legion #2
Source: Netgalley (in exchange for an honest review)
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Pages: 384
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

He is here... and he could be anyone.

Kennedy Waters lives in a world where vengeance spirits kill, ghosts keep secrets, and a demon walks among us–a demon she accidentally set free.

Now Kennedy and the other Legion members–Alara, Priest, Lukas, and Jared–have to hunt him down. As they learn more about the history of the Legion and the Illuminati, Kennedy realizes that the greatest mystery of all does not belong to any secret order, but to her own family. With the clock ticking and the life of someone she loves hanging in the balance, Kennedy has to ask the question she fears most: what is it about her past that has left her Unmarked?

{Review}
This was one of my most anticipated releases of September and I am SO happy that I had the opportunity to review this book.  I really liked this book, but I did not love it as much as I loved the first one.  Although I did not absolutely love this book, I still really liked it and still categorize this series as one of my new favorites.

The writing in this book was as excellent as it was in the first installment.  I also thought that pacing in this book was great, but felt a little slower than the first one.  I think the thing that really disappointed me with this book was the fact that the first book introduced readers to a lot of creepy paranormal entities, but this one mainly focuses on Andras.  I thought Andras would be a lot creepier than he was portrayed in this book, but I still really liked the plot of this book and where the series is heading.

I was also a little disappointed in the character development in this book.  While a lot of really interesting characters are introduced in this book, it seemed like the development of Alara, Priest, and Lukas was kind of on the back burner.  I did see a lot of development in Kennedy and Jared, which I really enjoyed, but wish I could have seen the other members of the Legion grow as well.  Kennedy's character development was great, but in some parts of the book she did become somewhat annoying.  I am really glad that I got to see the softer side of Jared and he is now one of my favorite swoon-worthy characters.

I absolutely LOVED the romance in this book between Kennedy and Jared!  They are one of my new favorite couples.  I loved how Jared would be affectionate with Kennedy and was protective over her, but was not over powering.  I also liked that a second romance was sparked in this book and I am really excited to see where it heads in the next book!

There were a lot of twists and turns in this book, some I could predict, while others were total shockers.  I am really excited about where this plot is headed with the Legion and the Illuminati.  The ending left off on another pretty big cliffhanger, which makes me even more excited for the next book.

Overall, I would defiantly recommend this book to readers who enjoyed the first book in the series!  As well as recommending The Legion book series to readers who have yet to even start the series and who enjoy paranormal books.  In fact, I have this book series listed on my Liz Recommends page (which you can see here).  It was fast-paced with great world building and an awesome romance!    

 {Rating}

 Make sure to check out Kami Garcia's blog here to stay up to date on all of her book series, as well as adding her other books to your TBR shelf on Goodreads by clicking on the pictures below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...