Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Movies to Watch to Get in the Halloween Spirit



 This is a weekly meme created by Broke and Bookish.  Every week there will be a new subject to create a top 10 list of.
This week’s subject:
Top Ten Movies To Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit

1.)    Hocus Pocus (1993)
I used to watch this movie every Halloween when I was younger because it always would be on the Disney Channel.  I watch this movie almost every Halloween.

2.)                      Scream (1996-2011)
When I was younger, my friends and I always did scary movie marathons and this was one of our favorites.  I absolutely love all of the Scream movies, my favorite being Scream and Scream 4.

3.) The Faculty (1998)
I used to be in an Elijah Wood phase where I wanted to watch every movie he was in.  I loved this movie because it was not too scary and really entertaining.

4.)                      The Craft (1996)
What is Halloween without witches?  This is one of my favorite witch movies (other than Practical Magic), but this one seemed more appropriate for Halloween.


5.)                       I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997-1998)
This is also a movie that my friends and I would watch during our scary movie marathons.  I loved Jennifer Love Hewitt so I ate these movies up.  I really enjoyed both I Know What You Did Last Summer and I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.


6.)                      Resident Evil (2002)
Zombie movies should always be watched to get into the Halloween spirit.  This movie really freaked me out because it included two things I am terrified of: zombies and being stuck somewhere with no hope of getting out.  I really only like Resident Evil and not any of the sequels.


7.)                       The Ring (2002) & The Grudge (2004)
I paired these movies together because they scared the crap out of me when I was younger…and still kind of do.  To this day, I still can’t watch these movies alone. 


8.)                        Sinister (2012)
This movie is one of the more recent horror movies that I have watched and thought it was really good.  I thought it was the perfect amount of scary where I am not afraid to go to sleep, but I was still really freaked out.

9.)                       IT (1990)
This movie scared me for YEARS after having watched it.  I have no idea why it freaked me out so much (other than the clown), but I really could not stop thinking about it.  It’s not as scary for me as it used to be and now I enjoy watching it every Halloween.


10.)                    Trick ‘r Treat (2007)
This movie was really strange, but some aspects of it were really creepy.  The story that involved the school bus massacre FREAKED ME OUT!  The rest of the movie was not scary, but that part of the movie really got under my skin.


*All images came from IMDb*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...