Monday, January 12, 2015

{2015} Reading Resolutions





Deciding what my reading resolutions for 2015 should be was really hard, but after much deliberating; I decided that I need to focus on reducing my TBR shelf and finishing some unfinished series.  I am not signing up to participate in any reading challenges.  Instead, I have organized my TBR books into categories and plan on trying to reduce the pile.  I have not listed all of the books that I own, I have only listed the books that I am really interested in reading soon, however, the list can change and I don’t plan on being able to get through everything on my TRB list.  I will more than likely buy some more books to add to the list and also get more review copies, but this is so I can see what I have.  

I am also trying to not buy as many books until I can diminish my TBR pile.  I also have a lot on my plate right now (new job, house hunting, & a baby) so reading has been placed on the back burner, but I hope to find more time to read.  I have continued buying books, but have not been reading so the pile continues to grow bigger and bigger.  

I am also not focusing on how many books, but dwindling the pile.  I have found myself reaching for easy reads because bigger books or more content dense books take more time.  I want to be able to choose any book I want to read without the fear that it will take me too long to finish the book.  I am still going to sign up for the Goodreads reading goal because it allows me to track what I have read and how many books, but I am not going to focus on it.  I am going to set my Goodreads goal as 35, which is totally doable considering my goal last year was 50 and a surpassed it. 

This year I am also going to focus on enjoying reading and not making it a responsibility.  If I do not enjoy a book, I am allowing myself to stop reading and move onto something that I might enjoy more.  I want to pick up whatever book I want without any pressure or guilt that I am not reading a review book.  I want to get back to enjoying reading.

I am also going to slow down on requesting Netgalley books.  As you can see below, I still have a list of review books I need to read and review for publishers and authors, so I need to focus on reading those and the books that I already own.  I focused so much on requesting books that I was unable to read older series that I really want to.
Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Scorch Trials (#2)
The Death Cure (#3)
The Kill Order (#0.5)

The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Opposition (#5)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
The Dead Tossed Waves (#2)
The Dark and Hallow Places (#3)

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Insurgent (#2)
Allegiant (#3)

Games by Jessica Clare
Ice Games (#3)
Bedroom Games (#4)
Body Games (#5)
Partner Games (#6)

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Ignite Me (#3)

The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout
White Hot Kiss (#1)
Stone Cold Kiss (#2)
Every Last Breath (#3)

Wait For You by J. Lynn
Be With Me (#2)
Stay With Me (#3)

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
The Infinite Sea (#2)

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Frostbite (#2)
Shadow Kiss (#3)
Blood Promise (# 4)
Spirit Bound (#5)
Last Sacrifice (#6)

The Mortal Instruments/ The Infernal Devices
City of Glass (#3)
Clockwork Angel (#1)
City of Fallen Angels (#4)
Clockwork Prince (#2)
City of Lost Souls (#5)
Clockwork Princess (#3)
City of Heavenly Fire (#6)

Disturbingly Beautiful (A Paradox in Time #1) by J. Wells, L. Wells
Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers’ Coalition #1) by Devon Ashley
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
Dark Paradise by Angie Sandro
Red Rising (Red Rising Triology #1) by Pierce Brown
Gold Manor Ghost House by Merry Brown by Merry Brown
Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi #1) by Diantha Jones
The Circus in Me by S.M. Bjarnson


Fantasy

Poison Study (Sudy #1) by Maria V. Snyder
White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black
Red Glove (Cure Workers #2) by Holly Black
Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood #1) by Victoria Scott
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa
Across the Universe (Across the Univers #1) by Beth Revis
Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures #1) by Kami Garcia/Margaret Stohl
Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore
Fire (Graceling Realm #2) by Kristin Cashore
These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness
The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon
Texas Gothic (Goodnight Family #1) by Rosemary Clement-Moore
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Triology #1) by Marie Rutkoski
The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

Horror

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michell Hodkin
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michell Hodkin
Bad Girls Don’t Die (Bad Girls Don’t Die #1) by Katie Alender
From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don’t Die #2) by Katie Alender
Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1) by Ilsa J. Bick
The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
The End Games by Michael T. Martin
The Murmerings by Carley Anne West
The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones #1) by Laura Bickle
Intensity by Dean Koontz
The Farm (The Farm #1) by Emily McKay
The Liar (The Farm #2) by Emily McKay
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown be Holly Black
Possesses by Gretchen McNeil


Classics

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Emma by Jane Austen
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Lord of Flies by William Golding
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
1984 by George Orwell


Contemporary

Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Choker by Elizabeth Woods
Throught to You by Emily Hainsworth
To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han


Historical Fiction

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
Tarnish by Katherine Longshore
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
Atonment by Ian McEwan
Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1)
A Relaible Wife by Robert Goolrick
I Shall Be Near You by Erin Lindsay McCabe
The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Hoseman #1) by Paullina Simons


New Adult

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never #1) by J.A. Redmerski
The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski
Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack
Faking It (Losing It #2) by Cora Carmack
Finding It (Losing It #3) by Cora Carmack
Standed with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boy's Club #1) by Jessica Clare
Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boy's Club #2) by Jessica Clare
The Wrong Billionaire's Bed (Billionaire Boy's Club #3) by Jessica Clare
Wicked (A Wicked Saga #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Frigid (Frigid #1) Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Red Hill by Jamie McGuire
Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard #1) by Christina Lauren
Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Player #2) by Christina Lauren
Beautiful Player (Beautiful Player #3) by Christina Lauren
Rules of Survival by Jus Accardo
Losing Logan (Losing Logan #1) by Sherry D. Ficklin
Haunting Zoe (Losing Logan #0.5) by Sherry D. Ficklin


Adult

Agenda 21 by Glen Beck
The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
Gone Girl by Gillain Flynn
The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
The End of Everything by Megan Abbott
Dare Me by Megan Abbott
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...