Sunday, January 25, 2015

{Review} Wait for You by J. Lynn



Wait for You
Published: February 26th, 2013 by J. Lynn
Series: Wait for You #1
Source: Bought from Amazon
Genre: NA, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 331

{Goodreads}{Amazon}
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…


{Review}
So I absolutely love the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, which has made her an auto-buy author for me.  I have bought almost all of her books, but I realized that I have not even read half of them and figured I better change that.  With my new obsession with New Adult, I thought that Wait for Me was the best place to start and it most defiantly did not disappoint! 

I think that most people that have read a book by Armentrout would agree that she creates amazing stories that are addicting.  I was in a horrible reading slump, 2 months to be precise, and this book resurrected my love of reading.  The pacing of the plot was fantastic, the characters were amazing, and although the mystery was not too hard to figure out, it was still intriguing.  My only real problem with this book is that the writing was not on the same level as the story and characters, but was not bad by any means.  Armentrout does tend to use a lot of the similar phrases, such as “sweet baby Jesus”, several times in several of her books.  Although it makes it obvious that this is an Armentrout book, it sometimes sticks out like a sore thumb and gets to be a little too much.    

I absolutely loved all of the characters in this book!  Avery was a great main protagonist and I enjoyed seeing her character development.  However, her character was very generic when it comes to New Adult books.  I liked Cam, but when he was first described, he was defiantly not my ‘type’.  He did grow on me as the book progressed and I did really like his character.  I did find it awkward when he used sweetheart as a term of endearment several times because it just didn’t fit for his character, but it was not enough to make me not fall in love with his character.  I really liked all of the side characters and could defiantly tell that Armentrout was setting up future books.

I would really, really recommend this book for anyone interested in New Adult books or that just loves Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I really liked this book and have already bought the rest in the series so I can marathon them.  I don’t know if it was only my copy, which I bought the e-book from Amazon, but while reading I kept finding a lot of errors.  I would still have bought the book even with the errors because they were not too distracting, but they were somewhat annoying.  Overall, I think that this was a great first book to an amazing series that I am excited to continue reading.

{Rating}

 Check out the other books in the Wait for You series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...