Sunday, July 12, 2015

{Review} Ice Games by Jessica Clare



Ice Games by Jessica Clare
Published: July 29th, 2013 by Jill Myles
Series: Games #3
Source: Purchased
Genre: NA, Romance, Chick lit
Pages: 164

{Goodreads}{Amazon}
Zara Pritchard is a has-been. Once an Olympic darling, she's been reduced to skating in a dinosaur costume and giving lessons at the local mall...which is why she's excited when she's offered a chance to sub on a TV show, Ice Dancing with the Stars. If she wins the show, this could be the break she needs.

There's just one problem - her partner.

Ty Randall is a MMA bad boy looking to fix his image problem. Sure, he's got the nickname of 'Ty the MMA Biter'. Sure, he might have bit a guy's nose off in the cage. But putting him on a reality TV show? A skating reality TV show? He's not interested. He'll do the minimum to fix his image and call it a day.

But when wash-out meets flame-out, sparks fly and tempers flare. And Ty and Zara start to realize that maybe this partnership might be just as steamy off the ice as on it...

{Review}
I am disappointed to admit that this is my least favorite book out of this series so far.  I loved the first two and thought they were really fun, but this one fell flat.  I found myself waiting to feel connected to the characters, their relationship, or the plot, but it never happened.  I would have probably chosen to skip this book if I would have known that it did not have any connection with the previous books.

As with all of the books in this series, it focuses on a reality competition show.  This book focuses on a show very similar to Dancing with the Stars, but on ice.  Unlike the previous books, this one does not focus on the completion as much, which made me not enjoy the book as much.  One of the reasons I love these books is because it adds the reality TV show aspect.

I also thought that the relationship between Ty and Zara was not genuine and progressed out of nothing.  I felt like they went from cold to hot within a few pages.  I also did not find Ty swoon-worthy at all.  I also did not think that I would like the lead guy from the second book, Playing Games, but Myles was able to make Liam relatable and charming.  I was hoping that this would happen with Ty, but unfortunately, it did not.  I did not like Zara at all.  I thought that the previous main characters were charming and funny, but Zara lacked being relatable.  I do have to admit that the main characters from the first two books were pretty much the same character with a different name, but Zara most defiantly differed from the other girls. 

I felt that because this book was so short, it really hindered its full potential.  I am most defiantly going to continue on with this series because it is really fun and addicting, but I would recommend others to skip this book in this series.   

{Rating}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...