Sunday, April 17, 2016

{Book Review} A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire



A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire
Published: December 10, 2013 by Atria Books
Series: Beautiful 2.5
Source: Library
Genre: NA, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 146
{Goodreads}

You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.

{Review}
After I finished reading Beautiful Disaster, I NEEDED more! I picked up Beautiful Wedding without reading Walking Disaster, the second book in the series, because I thought it would be too repetitive since it is told in Travis’s point of view.  I think that was a mistake.  I missed out on characters and events that had apparently taken place during Walking Disaster that made me feel like I was missing out while reading this.  So, I would highly recommend picking up Walking Disaster before reading Beautiful Wedding, but I still really found myself enjoying the story.

I thought this book was a great continuation of Beautiful Disaster.  It had the same addicting writing, great characters and entertaining romance. I would think that anyone who enjoyed Beautiful Disaster would like this book, however, if you thought that Beautiful Disaster was mediocre, this book is not going to change your mind. 

I am really excited about continuing on with this series. I like how it seems to be weaved within the spin-off series focusing on the Maddox brothers.  I do still think I am going to continue reading without going back and reading Walking Disaster since the first Maddox brothers book happens at the same time as Beautiful Disaster, so I might not be missing too much.

I did wish that there was a little more in this novella.  It felt like not a lot happened that I didn’t already know about from Beautiful Disaster, but I do think that this set up for the Wattpad story Jamie McGuire has been writing.  McGuire is amazing and has continued Abby and Travis’s story in Endlessly Beautiful.  To read this, you can create a free Wattpad account and read the updates when she writes more.

Overall, I think that this is great for Beautiful Disaster addicts, but it did not make or break the love I had for the first book. 

{Rating}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...