Sunday, August 7, 2016

{Book Review} My Soul to Keep by Kennedy Ryan



My Soul to Keep by Kennedy Ryan
Published: November 13, 2015
Series: Soul #1
Source: Bought
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 361
{Goodreads}

It seems the things worth keeping are often the hardest to hold...

KAI

I had two things in life that mattered. My mother and my music.
Mama was taken from me too soon, and now music is all I have left. It’s the thing that’s pushed me right out of backwoods Georgia into Los Angeles, where the line between fantasy and reality shimmers and blurs. I’m finally making my way, making my mark. I can’t afford to fall for one of music's brightest stars. Not now. Music is all I have left, and I’m holding on tight with both hands. I won’t let go, not even for Rhyson Gray.

RHYSON

I had one thing in my life that mattered – music. The only constant, it’s taken me to heights most people only dream about; a gift dropped in my lap at birth. I thought it was enough. I thought it was everything until I met Kai. Now she’s all I think about, like a song I can't get out of my head. If I have to chase her, if I have to give up everything - I will. And once she's mine, I won't let go.

{Review}
This book was SOOO good!  I loved every minute of it and once it was done…I NEEDED more!  This is defiantly a fun, fluffy read that is also gut-wrenching.  I would have to say that this may be my favorite NA book.  I know!  I have not felt this way about a NA book since I read Beautiful Disaster, but after examining both books, I think this one takes the cake. 

Ryan’s writing in this book is excellent.  It was easy to understand, but also was full of beautiful quotes.  I also loved that this book alternates between the points-of-view of our two main characters.  It really gave readers insight into the histories and development of the characters.  I have found that books written this way are becoming my favorite.  It is nice being able to read from both male and female perspectives because it makes the story feel more well-rounded. 

I really enjoyed the plot of this book.  I have never read a rock star romance before, but this one has defiantly started a new obsession for me.  I did feel like this book was full of angsty drama, but I loved it.  I found it super addictive and really entertaining.  I thought the story was full of twists and turns that I was not expecting.

The characters in this book are amazing!  I really liked Kai because she was very relatable, however, sometimes I wish she would have been more confident.  I also thought there was instances where her decisions were foolish and she could have saved herself some heart-ache if she would have just told the truth.  I absolutely, positively LOVED Rhyson.  If you like Travis from Beautiful Disaster, then you will love Rhyson too.  They were very similar, but I think that I liked Rhyson a little bit more.  I also liked that both characters had complex back stories that just added to their development.  The supporting characters were great too and I hope to learn more about them in the sequel.

The romance in this book is so good.  I liked that this book did not have any insta-romance.  Rhyson and Kai started as friends and then their romance bloomed from there.  This romance is very angsty..so be warned.  I will have to say that Rhyson is the protective type, and the majority of the time it came off as sweet, but there was one instance in which he appeared psychotic.  I wouldn’t categorize this as a unhealthy relationship, but I thought I would warn readers that there is some instances of extreme behavior.

Overall, I would defiantly recommend this book!  It was AMAZING!  I have already bought the sequel and am planning on reading it soon.  Unfortunately, this is going to be a duology with a novella.  I wish that there was going to be more, but I also look forward from reading something else from Ryan.  Please pick this book up if it sounds like something you might enjoy, you won’t regret it!


{Rating}

“And there, with only our hearts as witnesses, our bodies make a vow that our souls will keep.” -91%



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...