Sunday, August 14, 2016

{Book Review} Refrain by Kennedy Ryan



Refrain by Kennedy Ryan
Published: August 15, 2016 by Kennedy Ryan
Series: Soul #3
Source: ARC from author
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: ?
{Goodreads}

People dream of a love that runs deep. So deep it feels like it's always been with you, just waiting for the person who'll own your heart and soul forever. So few ever find it, but for Rhyson Gray and Kai Pearson, happily ever after was only the beginning...

One of the biggest rock stars in the world and one of the brightest rising stars make a life together. Sometimes it's glamour-filled days and blissed out nights, but it's mostly staying true in the too-bright glare of the spotlight. It's long stretches where the road is lonely and the work is hard. It's living in a love that's the safest place you know even while danger lurks at your door.

{Review}
It’s absolutely terrifying thinking that this book almost did not exist, but thankfully enough readers begged for more and Kennedy delivered.  This book was the perfect ending to an absolutely beautiful love story.  I really could not have asked for anything more and felt completely satisfied with how this story ended this series.

I am still blown away with Kennedy’s writing.  It is beautiful, deep and lyrical.  I cannot wait to pick up more books from Kennedy (especially the new sports romance that is releasing next!).  I also found the writing and plot completely addicting! It was very hard to put down. I struggled with the choice of giving in and reading it in one sitting or slowly indulge in the final book. 

One of the great things about this series is seeing how much the characters have grown from book one.  I love seeing that Kai has grown stronger, but also still didn’t lose the ability to forgive.  I really connected with her struggle with her father and thought that she handled it very well.  I also really loved seeing the character growth in Rhyson.  It was great seeing him lower his walls and allow himself to deeply connect with Kai.  The supporting characters were great and I am glad that Grip and Bristol were more integrated into this story.   I started to really connect with Bristol and am really excited to read the story focusing on her and Grip.

I think the driving force of this series is love and what an absolutely amazing, stunning, epic and beautiful love story!  This book defiantly cemented Kai and Rhyson as one of my favorite book couples.  Their love deepened and felt completely genuine.  I liked seeing how their struggles only strengthened their love and trust in one another. 

Overall, I loved this book.  It was amazing and it ended this series perfectly!  Although the ending of Down to My Soul was good, I feel like the third book was always how this story was supposed to end. 



{Rating}


“Not love.  Not at first.”  He shakes his head and links our hands on his chest.  “But a recognition of sorts.  I think my soul knew you before I did.  Knew you were the one I should spend the rest of my life with.  Getting to know you, becoming your friend, only convinced me of what I think my heart and my soul already knew.”

Also check out Kennedy’s other books below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...