Sunday, September 25, 2016

{Book Review} Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover



Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Published: March 18, 2014 by Atria Books
Series: Standalone
Source: Own
Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 385
{Goodreads}

Sydney is living in an idyllic bubble - she's a dedicated student with a steady job on the side. She lives with her best friend, has a great boyfriend, and the music coming from the balcony opposite hers is fast becoming the soundtrack to her life. But when Sydney finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her, the bubble bursts. The mysterious and attractive man behind the music, Ridge, gives Sydney hope that she can move on and they begin to write songs together. But moving on is harder than she expects, Sydney can only hope…. Maybe someday… Colleen Hoover draws you in to this passionate tale of music, love and betrayal…

{Review}
This was my first Colleen Hoover book and it did not disappoint!  This was one of those books that stayed with me for days after I finished reading it and it was all I could think about when I was reading it.  I am so glad that this was my first Colleen Hoover book, but I am a little scared that nothing will be able to live up to it.

I thought the writing was very beautiful and addictive.  I went into this book not knowing very much about the plot, which I think made me love it even more!  I was so intrigued with where the plot was going and what was going to happen next!  The pacing was great.  My heart would nearly leap out of my chest with all of the angst and drama that was in this book. 

I thought that the characters were amazing!  Sydney was a great protagonist and I loved seeing this story through her eyes.  She was strong willed and I am glad that she didn’t take her ex-boyfriends crap.  I was absolutely in love with Ridge.  There was something about him that I did not expect, but thought was so original and unique in a book.  I also loved all of the side characters, but I don’t want to give too much away.

I think that this book did fall into some NA troupes, but an original spin was put on it that did make it seem fresh.  I know that there are two tropes in this book that some readers have a problem with, but I didn’t really have any issues.  I do have to say that the spin that was put on them made me feel torn for the characters and the decisions they had to make.

I found the ending satisfying, but it did wrap up a little too nicely.  I think that would be my only complaint about this book.  Everything else was perfect and wonderful!

I would recommend this book to both readers who are new and experienced in NA books.  I will defiantly be picking up some more of Colleen Hoover books!  If her other books are like this one, she will become one of my auto-buy authors. ( I have read more of her books since I wrote this review...and yes, they are just as good!)


{Rating}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...