Sunday, October 2, 2016

{Book Review} Four Letter Word by J. Daniels



Four Letter Word by J. Daniels
Published: October 4th, 2016 by Forever
Series: Dirty Deeds #1
Source: Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 416
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Fate. Hate. Love. Lies.
Which four letter word will change their lives forever?


Sydney Paige was never so mortified to hear the words "wrong number" in her life. She meant to tell off the guy who broke her best friend's heart, but unleashed her anger on a perfect stranger instead. And now her world is turned upside down by the captivating man who wants to keep her on the line.

Brian Savage is living a life he's quickly come to hate-until Sydney's wild rant has him hooked and hungry for more. Soon the sexy woman on the phone becomes the lover in his bed. But Brian has secrets, and the closer he lets Syd get, the harder it is to shield her from the devastating mistakes of his past . . .

{Review}
I didn’t really know what to expect going into this book, but I am happy to say that this book took me by surprise and I really enjoyed it!  It was fun, cute, sweet and made me feel all warm and fuzzy.  This is defiantly a great book to read during the summer.

I thought the writing was great.  I was slightly concerned that I might have a problem with the fact that the two main character’s relationship begins solely through text messages and phone calls.  I think that it could have been a disaster, but instead, it proved to me that J. Daniels has a phenomenal ability to write some amazing dialogue.  Their conversations felt so genuine and real.  This book was also very funny.  The beginning of this book made me laugh so hard and I even went back later on and re-read the ‘phone call’ because I found it so hilarious. 

The plot was not too original, but I think that because it was done so well, most well seasoned romance readers would still enjoy it.  The story had several different aspects that kept the pace steady and I never found myself getting bored.  I liked that this story involved mysteries, romance, self-discovery and forgivness.

I really liked both the main characters, Sydney and Brain.  They were very down-to-Earth, genuine and relatable.  J. Daniels was able to make these characters feel very real…like you could meet them in real life.  However, they were average.  They are not the characters that you fall absolutely, head-over-heels in love with and are obsessed with.  But, I did fall in love with the secondary characters Tori and Jamie.  I constantly loved seeing the snippets with them in it and found myself begging for more.  The other secondary characters were good as well and I could tell J. Daniels was setting up some future stories in this book.

I really liked the romance in this book.  I thought Sydney and Brian were very cute together and liked the way they could joke around. I absolutely loved their cute nicknames for each other, it added a great element to their relationship.  I was surprised with how much I connected with their love story.  I thought because their relationship started on the phone, that when they finally met in person, it would feel like insta-love…but it didn’t at all!  I could feel the connection and chemistry that Sydney and Brian had.  I constantly found myself smiling at the cute things that Brian did for Sydney, like eating Sydney’s burnt chicken pot pie!  It was the small interaction between these two that solidified their relationship to me.

This book also had one of the most fabulous friendships!  The friendship between Brian and Jamie was great.  It really felt like they had been friends for a very long time!  But the stand-out friendship had to be between Sydney and Tori!  This was one of the most well-written friendships that I have ever read.  You could tell that they loved each other and would do anything for one another!  I also liked that they did very girly things that I could see me and my friends doing!

Overall, this was a very cute and sweet story.  This book is a great romance read for both beginner and advanced romance readers.  It was somewhat predictable, but I still really liked everything in this book!  I also cannot wait to pick up the other books in this series because there was some very interesting characters introduced in this book!

{Rating}
 

“I’m going to give you Wild for the rest of your life and so much of it you won’t have room to feel anything else.”

Also check J. Daniels’s other books below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...