Wednesday, November 23, 2016

{Book Review} Edge of Recovery by Molly E. Lee



Edge of Recovery by Molly E. Lee
Published: September 9th, 2016
Series: Love on the Edge #1.5
Source: Bought
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 141
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

I thought second chances only happened to good, decent people.
Not the broken and damaged monsters like me.
But it did.
And I can’t control it.
But I need to.
Charlie is my sponsor, the one person I’m not supposed to touch, but my heart has locked on to her and is finally beating after years of barely moving.
I’m in over my head in more ways than one, and as I try to be the man she sees behind the monster, I only sink deeper, two sides of myself battling for clarity. The one that dares to hope, and the one that already knows I’ll lose everything.
I’m terrified my jagged past will slice her to ribbons but as my sponsor she’s obligated to dig up all the broken pieces and try to put them back together.
I don’t know what scares me more, who she’ll find when she’s done, or how far she’ll run once she realizes the truth.

{Review}
I absolutely love this series!  It is fast-paced, exciting and full of romance.  I always look forward to the next release and don’t even need to read the synopsis to know that I am going to buy it.  If you love contemporary romance books with a unique edge, this is defiantly the series for you.

Just like the previous books, Lee’s writing is great and entertaining!  I was surprised at how well Lee was able to develop this book with how short it is.  We were introduced to Justin in book one, Edge of Chaos, where he was not exactly the best of people.  I always found him intriguing and wanted to find out more about him.  I am glad that Lee gave his character redemption for his actions in the previous book.

Molly E. Lee was able to develop a complex character with deep rooted guilt in only a novella, which is a real accomplishment.  I thought Justin’s character development was phenomenal and I felt sympathy for what he was going through.  I also really enjoyed the newly introduced characters.  Charlie, Justin’s love interest, was such a spunky, quick-witted character that you could not help but love.  I really enjoyed that Charlie did not take any of Justin’s crap and was the backbone in Justin’s recovery. 

The romance was great, but I expected no less from Lee.  It was authentic and felt very realistic.  I loved reading the slow burn of Charlie and Justin’s friendship evolving into something much deeper.  Their bond over overcoming addiction was inspiring and I liked that the darker portions of addiction were not just glazed over.

I would HIGHLY recommend checking out this series.  I am very grateful that I discovered Molly E. Lee and she quickly became one of my favorite authors.  I cannot wait to read the other books in this series and anything else that Lee writes!

{Rating}

“She saw the dirty pieces of my soul and picked them up like they were something precious.  Collected them and carried them willingly.  Without judgment or fear, she gave me every single thing I needed without asking for a thing in return except that I be the man she believed.”

Also check Lee’s other books below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...