Tuesday, November 1, 2016

{Book Review} Mr. President by Katy Evans


Mr. President by Katy Evans
Published: October 31st, 2016
Series: White House #1
Source: Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 280
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

He's won the hearts of millions. But is he willing to lose his?

I met the president's son when we were both young. Matthew Hamilton was handsome, polished, and intelligent. I'd never met a guy like him.

He promised me that he'd never run for president. I promised that if he did, I'd be by his side.

Three terms later, an invitation to join Matthew Hamilton's campaign is the most exhilarating opportunity I've ever experienced. I'm determined to make a difference; he is determined to win.

Focused on his goal, Matt is steadfast, ruthless, and disarming. All eyes are on him and his popularity is surging. But soon, the next possible president of the United States is possessing me in more ways than one--and despite the risks, I'm helpless to resist.

We're stealing touches, stealing moments, and stealing away at night. But our chemical connection is quickly becoming dangerously combustive, putting not only my heart, but Matt's chance at the presidency on the line.

Winning will take everything. Walking away will be the hardest thing of all.

{Review}
From the second I read the synopsis of this book, I knew that I needed to get my hands on it. It was absolutely everything I was hoping for and more! It was a fun, angsty, forbidden contemporary romance that made me fall in love with these characters full-heartedly. I read for escape and this was absolutely the perfect break from reality!

This was my first book from Katy Evans and I fell in love with her writing style. Personally, I prefer simplistic writing that showcases the romance and the characters. That is not to say that the writing in this book does not have its moments of beauty. I found myself highlighting large sections to relive my favorite moments. The pacing was perfect and the plot was executed perfectly! I loved the politics included in this book because although it was a big plot point, it did not overtake the book. I have always struggled understanding politics, but I did not have any issues comprehending any aspects.

The characters in this book are fantastic! I absolutely fell head-over-heels for Matt. He is now on my list of favorite male book characters. He was charismatic, intelligent, passionate, caring, sweet, protective….and the list could go on forever. Matt’s character development was really great. I loved that he did not let the dark moments in his past hinder him, but drive him to be more passionate and strive for what he wanted. I also loved Charlotte. She was down-to-Earth and very relatable. I understood her personal struggles between her obligations for the greater good and the desires that consumed her. I do wish there would have been some stronger secondary characters, but Matt and Charlotte was able to carry the book on their own.

I think the stand-out in this book was the romance. It was full of angst, passion and stolen forbidden moments. The connection between these characters was very apparent. It felt like there was an invisible string always connecting these characters together. Even when they were not able to show affection in the public eye, I loved that they conveyed their feelings through secret glances that did not require words.  The alone time between these characters were both sweet and steamy...I could not get enough!

This is a book I highly recommend to readers who like angsty, forbidden romance books. I was instantly addicted to this story and I literally CAN NOT wait for the second book in this series! It does leave off on a small cliffhanger, but thankfully the readers won’t have to wait too long for the next release. 

{Rating}

This women not only makes me want to be a great man, she makes me want to be the best goddamn president that ever lived.”

Also check out some of Katy Evan’s other books below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...