Sunday, November 13, 2016

{Series Review} Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Lux Series
Titles: Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin, Opposition
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by Entangled Teen



This series is AMAZING!  I will just say that if you are not going to read this entire series review, all you need to know is that you will love this and should pick it up NOW!  So with that being said, this is one of my favorite series, along with a lot of other people.  But be warned, if you read the first one, be prepared to pick up the entire series…and anything else that Armentrout writes.  I have to admit that I thought the whole alien concept was going to be stupid and uninteresting, but I was hooked the first chapter.  The covers for these books are pretty awful so I think that makes a lot of people not want to pick them up, but don't judge these books by their covers.

I LOVE Armentrout’s writing.  I can’t say that the writing is the best thing I have ever read, but it is memorizing and addicting.  I think where this series excels is the great story telling.  I was so intrigued and impressed with how deep and thought out the plot was.  There were also a lot of twists and turns I did not see coming.  I swear that Armentrout could not write a bad story…ever!  
The characters in this story are amazing!  I just love how much I was attached to these characters.  Katy was great and super relatable.  I loved that she was not a damsel in distress and did not make decisions that would put all the characters at risk.  Daemon was amazing!  He was arrogant, protective and super swoon worthy!  All of the secondary characters were great and I loved that Armentrout made the other characters relatable and interesting and not just used them to push the plot forward.

I also loved the relationships in this story.  There are great friendships, family bonds and amazing love stories.  I genuinely felt like the characters cared about each other.  They sacrificed for each other and held one another up during hard times.  This series also held one of the greatest love stories I have ever read.  I loved the Katy and Daemon’s love story slowly progressed over time and that they worked together to accomplish tasks.  Daemon let Katy make her own choices and was never over bearding, but still protective.  And the love stories between other characters where just as amazing too.

Overall, I would most defiantly recommend this book to everyone and anyone!  All the books are amazing and the last book in the series wraps up the story perfectly.  I would say that this series is addicting so you should grab all the books before you start because you will not want to stop reading until the last page.  I would also suggest picking up some of Armentrout’s other books that are just as amazing!



Rating

Favorite Book in Series

Least Favorite Book in Series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...