Thursday, January 12, 2017

{2017} Reading & Blogging Goals




Another year has passed and although I feel like my growth as a reader and blogger has been exceptional this year, I want 2017 to be even better!  I am a very goal oriented person, so by creating this post, I am hoping to feel as if I am being held accountable for these goals.  The last time I created reading goals was in 2015 and I didn’t really keep any of them.  For 2017, I want to make sure that I don’t put too much on my plate to where I feel overwhelmed, but I still want to be able to push myself.  With that being said, here are my goals for 2017!

Every year I do the Goodreads Reading Challenge and this year I will continue!  I love that it keeps track of all the books I have read in the year, plus it lets you know if you are behind schedule.  I also like that it can be adjusted.  Last year, I set my goal as 30 books, and then moved it up to 40.  I surpassed that goal so as of now, I am going to set my Goodreads goal to 70 books.  I know that is not a lot to some readers, but for me, it is huge.  I work 40+ hours a week and then have a 3 year old daughter.  To say life is hectic is an understatement.  I think that this is a goal that is within reason, but will still challenge me.

Of course, like with every year, a goal of mine is to read more books I own.  I have SO many books, but I find myself being drawn to the new and shiny ones over some of the books that have been published a few years ago.  In 2016, I tried using a TBR jar, but it never really seemed to work out.  For 2017, I am going to try something new.  I have sorted all of my books on my Kindle into categories and plan on rotating through those categories, picking one book each month.  I figure that way, my choices are still limited, but I get to choose the book.  It also helps bring attention to books that I even forgot I had purchased since I am only looking at a small portion of what I own.

Another reading goal is to step outside of only reading adult and new adult contemporary romance.  This year I read some very good paranormal romance books, which makes me want to read more!  I will never stray from the romance genre, but I want to expand the types of romance books that I read.  I also want to read more YA and thriller books.  Both are genres that I love, but lately have not been drawn to pick up.

Now for some blogging resolutions!  This year has been a big one for me expanding my blog.  I have become more dedicated to social media and have made all my social media sites consistent.  I do favor Goodreads and Instagram, so I am planning on putting some more TLC into my Facebook account.  
Another HUGE goal for my blog and social media sites is to start hosting giveaways.  I have collected several books for giveaways, but my inexperience hinders me from actually doing one.  This year I really want to give back to readers and followers of my blog.  There are tons of books that I love and want to share with other readers.

So those are my 2017 reading and blogging resolutions.  All of them are defiantly ones that I can succeed at as long as I continue to have dedication.  I am REALLY excited to see what the year 2017 has in store for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...