Saturday, January 7, 2017

{Book Review} Ignite by Rebecca Yarros



Ignite by Rebecca Yarros
Published: July 25th, 2016
Series: Legacy #0.75
Source: Bought
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 136
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

In Legacy, Colorado, I buried my father alongside his elite Hotshot team.
Ten years later, I’ve followed in his footsteps—fighting fires in the mountains of Alaska with my brother.
Amid the flames, nothing ignites me like Avery Claire.
She’s stubborn, strong, sexy as hell, and my best friend.
She also has no idea that I’m in love with her.
But Colorado is calling me home, needing every Legacy-born firefighter to successfully rebuild our fathers’ team.
One night will change everything between us,
But she’s tied to Alaska and my future is in Colorado.
Now I’m torn between what my honor demands,
And what my heart can’t live without.

{Review}
I didn’t really know what to expect when going into this book.  I was first drawn to the amazingly, beautiful cover, but the synopsis is what fully made me commit to reading this book.  I thought this was a great, fast read.  It is a great start to what I can already tell is going to be a very exciting, steamy series!

I was a little skeptical when going into this book.  I usually don’t like to read short books because it never gives me enough time to connect with the characters and fall in love with the story, but thankfully, this was not the case with this book.  In a short amount of pages, Yarros was able to write a story and characters that captivated me completely.  I kept turning the page to see where the story was headed and what was going to happen to these characters.

These characters were wonderful.  I instantly fell in love with River.  He was charismatic, sweet, charming and very swoon-worthy!  I really loved reading from his point-of-view, and almost preferred his voice over Avery’s.  I also loved how protective River was, but was not suffocating and allowed Avery to make her own decisions.  I enjoyed Avery, but I did not feel her character stood out against other female protagonists in contemporary romances.  Her dark history did make me feel sympathetic towards her character, but I also found it to be a troupe that I have read in several books before.

I also enjoyed all of the side characters in this book and can’t wait to read their stories as well.  I did not read the first novella, Point of Origin, but I defiantly plan on going back a reading it to prepare for the rest of the series.  I don’t think that it affected my reading experience by reading Ignite first. 

I really fell in love with the romance in this book.  It was a best friends turned lovers book, which I have not really read a lot of.  The fact that River and Avery already knew each other is what really made this book work.  It allowed Yarros to develop other aspects of the book rather than focusing on the characters getting to know each other.  The romance felt genuine and was full of angst.  I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see how the romance was going to bloom.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book if you are looking for something short and fun.  I am very, VERY excited to see where this story is headed.  I also really enjoy that Yarros is writing novellas to help readers get acquainted with characters before a full book is released.  I am not sure how many novellas are going to be released, but I hope that it is one for each of the couples that are being introduced.

{Rating}

“Kissing him hadn’t been the awkward first kiss of friends trying out something more.  It had been like two magnets finally flipped so they were unable to do anything but collide.”

Also check out some of Yarros’s other books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...