Wednesday, January 25, 2017

{Book Review} Paper Princess by Erin Watt



Paper Princess by Erin Watt
Published: April 4th, 2016 by Timeout LLC
Series: The Royals #1
Source: Won
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, NA
Pages: 370
{Goodreads}{Goodreads}

These Royals will ruin you…

Ella Harper is a survivor—a pragmatic optimist. She’s spent her whole life moving from town to town with her flighty mother, struggling to make ends meet and believing that someday she’ll climb out of the gutter. After her mother’s death, Ella is truly alone.

Until Callum Royal appears, plucking Ella out of poverty and tossing her into his posh mansion among his five sons who all hate her. Each Royal boy is more magnetic than the last, but none as captivating as Reed Royal, the boy who is determined to send her back to the slums she came from.

Reed doesn’t want her. He says she doesn’t belong with the Royals.

He might be right.

Wealth. Excess. Deception. It’s like nothing Ella has ever experienced, and if she’s going to survive her time in the Royal palace, she’ll need to learn to issue her own Royal decrees. 

{Review}
Readers have been going absolutely CRAZY over how amazing this series is and now I can too!  I fell in love with this book.  Having a full time job and being a mom to a three year old, I don’t get much time to read so it is pretty unheard of me reading a book in one day, but this one I did.  I could not put it down!  The only thing that makes me thankful that I was late to The Royals obsession is that I did not have to wait to jump right into the second book.  If you do not read any more of this review, at least know this, I was literally depressed when I finished this book because I knew that there were only three books and that I was going to experience the biggest book hangover after I devoured all of them!  GET THESE BOOKS NOW!

This book is written by two authors, Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick, under the name of Erin Watt.  Their writing was so cohesive that the book flowed effortlessly.  It was addictive, captivating and so very good!  I have only read The Deal by Elle Kennedy and loved it, but this was my first book by Jen Frederick, but hopefully not my last.  One of the strongest aspects of this book was the dialogue.  It flowed seamlessly, made the characters very relatable and at times, was absolutely hilarious!  I am very much looking forward to future books written by these authors under the pseudonym of Erin Watt.

One of the strongest aspects of this book is the amazing characters!  Ella is one of my most favorite female protagonists.  She was strong, self-assured, independent, sassy and the list goes on and on.  She was also very relatable and I loved her character development.  Then there are the Royals….Reed, Easton, Sebastian, Sawyer, Gideon and Callum.  Reed was one of those characters you absolutely hate, but then you absolutely love.  He was the epitome of the mysterious, alpha male.  Easton was so adorable and provided a lot of hilarious one-liners.  He might be my favorite character in this book and I can’t wait to see more of him in Broken Prince!  Sebastian, Sawyer and Gideon did not have as much character development as Reed or Easton.  I really hope their characters become more fleshed out in the future books.

The romance in this book was SO slow-burning and angsty, it absolutely blew my mind!  I have not been this obsessed about a book couple since Travis and Abby from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.  With Ella and Reed both being damaged with dark pasts, they understood one another.  Their connection was steamy and felt very genuine.  The romance was probably my favorite aspect of this book, but it is hard to tell since EVERYTHING was phenomenal!

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this book!  However, make sure that you have the entire series before you start reading it because the first book leaves off on a HUGE cliffhanger and you WILL want to start the second book immediately!  I honestly had a hard time sleeping until I started reading the sequel because I could not stop thinking about it.  Pick up this book on a Friday because you will want to read it from start to finish once you start.

{Rating}
“It’s not always good stuff, but I haven’t been alone, and until now, in this moment of solitude, I realize I don’t like being alone.  It’s nice to have friends and family around, even if the family is super dysfunctional.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...