Wednesday, February 8, 2017

{Book Review} Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills



Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills
Published: February 6th, 2017
Series: Standalone
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary, Sports Romance
Pages: 248
 
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

They say nothing compares to your first kiss,
But our first kiss was orchestrated for an audience.
Our second kiss…that one was REAL.
He cradled my face like he was terrified he’d f*ck it up.
He stared into my eyes until the air buzzed.
Soft and slow, full of sighs and little laughs,
He inhaled me like I was the finest Belgian chocolate,
And he'd never get another piece.
A nip of his teeth, his hand at my waist...
And I was lost.
I forgot he was paying me to be his fake fiancée.
I forgot we weren’t REAL.
Our kiss was pure magic, and before you laugh and say those kinds of kisses don’t exist…
Then you’ve never touched lips with Max Kent, the hottest quarterback in college history.

{Review}
THIS….this book right here, this is how you do an amazing fake romance book!  I LOVED every second I was immersed within the pages and when it was over, I desperately wanted more.  The writing was great, the romance was full of angst and the characters were well-rounded and developed.  I cannot wait to pick up more by this author because so far, everything I have read from her, I have liked.

The only other book I have read from Ilsa Madden-Mills was Dirty English, which I very much enjoyed, but I fell in LOVE with Fake Fiancée.  The writing was great…it was fun and very addictive.  I read this book in a day, which is pretty rare for me to do!  The story is told in duel POV’s, alternating between Sunny and Max, which made me very happy.  I love books written like this because it gives readers the ability to understand both characters motivations, which I think was particularly important in this story.

I LOVED the characters in this book!  I loved how the characters, Sunny and Max, were introduced in the prologue and how it resonated through the rest of the story, exploring the phenomenon of fate, destiny and soul mates.   Sunny and Max were very well developed characters with damaged pasts, both having experienced losses that shaped them into who they are as individuals.  I really liked Sunny, she was sweet and likeable.  I do wish her past would have been in a bit more detailed, but I don’t think that it took away from the story overall.  I LOVED Max!  He was not the typical jock, which is a trope a very much enjoy.  He was smart, motivated and went after his goals with everything he had.  But he was also sweet, caring and protective.

The romance was what really captivated me while reading this gem.  I loved how Max and Sunny began their relationship as friends, getting to know each other while they watched movies, ate pizza and went for coffee.  It all felt very genuine and real, which create the ultimate foundation for the perfect romance.  Surprisingly, I found myself smiling a lot while reading this book.  Their texts to each other were funny and cute…I could not get enough.  And I loved the unicorn in the bathroom!

My only complaint (if you could call it that) would have been the mystery.  It was a bit anti-climatic and I wish it would have had more shocking.  However, I loved this book as a whole and the ending had me smiling ear to ear! 

Overall, I highly recommend this book!  It would be a great book for readers who are new to the romance genre.  I am VERY excited to pick up more from Ilsa Madden-Mills, which I can see myself doing very soon.  This was a heart-warming story with great characters, amazing romance and some defiantly swoon-worthy moments!


{Rating}


“She blinked, nibbled on her bottom lip-and changed the topic.  “Do you want to come in?  It’s not the Ritz, but it’s definitely different.  I’ll introduce you to Charlie?”

            I perked up.  I needed anything to distract me from how much I wanted to screw my fake girlfriend.  “You have a dog or a cat?”

            “Pet unicorn in the bathroom.”



Also check out some of Ilsa Madden-Mills’s other books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...