Sunday, February 26, 2017

{Book Review} Flow by Kennedy Ryan



Flow by Kennedy Ryan
Published: February 25th, 2017
Series: Prequel
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, NA
Pages: 130
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

In 8 years, Marlon James will be one of the brightest rising stars in the music industry.
Bristol Gray will be his tough, no-nonsense manager.
But when they first meet, she's a college student finding her way in the world,
and he's an artist determined to make his way in it.
From completely different worlds,
all the things that should separate them only draw them closer.
It's a beautiful beginning, but where will the story end?

FLOW is the prequel chronicling the week of magical days and nights that will haunt Grip & Bristol for years to come.

GRIP is the full-length conclusion of their story.

{Review}
I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I was when I found out that Grip and Bristol would be getting their own books!  Readers were introduced to Grip and Bristol in the Soul series, but I never could get enough of them.  Hints were given about a deeper connection between these two characters, but it was never expanded on…until now! 

I won’t lie, Bristol was not my favorite person in the Soul series, but I was intrigued by her.  Although she always came off as cold and distant, I could always tell there was a complexity to her character that readers were not seeing.  Flow showed a younger Bristol, one who had not snapped her walls up and barricaded her heart.

Grip was amazing in the Soul series and is one of the reasons I could not wait to get my hands on these books!  I loved how honest and real he always was.  One of the reasons I loved Grip was because he always held out hope that Bristol would come around.  I found it so enduring that he cared about and believed in his feelings for her so much.  It was also great to see how they met and read it from the beginning!

I loved the hard topics that were brought up in this book.  It shed some light on what readers can expect in Grip.  This was definitely a topic that I have little education on and was happy to be schooled from a different perspective.  These are topics that are in the news today and need to be addressed, but sometimes are hard for people to talk about.  I am glad that this book crossed that threshold to make it okay to be naïve and ask questions about how other cultures/races may perceive events.

I think this was a great setup for Grip and I hope that this book reaches far because the topics are something that needs to be discussed more openly.  I will say that Flow and Grip can be read as standalones, but I recommend reading the Soul series first.  If you don’t, it will spoil things from that series and trust me, you want to read that series!


{Rating}

“There are too few perfect moments in this life.  Far too few of us get them, but I am privileged to have this one with this man.”



Make sure to pick up the continuation of Grip & Bristol’s story in Grip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...