Tuesday, February 14, 2017

{Book Review} Twisted Palace by Erin Watt



Twisted Palace by Erin Watt
Published: October 17th, 2016 by Everafter Romance
Series: The Royals #3
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

These Royals will ruin you…

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.
They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.

{Review}
I was both excited and terrified to start this book.  I fell head-over-heels in love with this series and did not want it to end.  I was somewhat disappointed with the middle book of this series, Broken Prince, but am happy to say, I loved Twisted Palace just as much as I loved Paper Princess.  This book completed this series PERFECTLY!  I would have to say that this might be the best ending that I have ever read.  I loved that everything wrapped up perfectly, but still allowed readers to imagine what is left to come for all of these characters.  If you have not started this series, DO IT NOW!

The writing in this book was just as fantastic as the first two.  I loved the mystery element added to this book.  It made the book fast-paced and exciting.  I desperately tried to unravel the mystery surrounding the murder that took place in Broken Prince.  I had two main suspects throughout the book, with one of my theories turning out to be correct.  However, I was not able to guess all the surrounding details, which still left some surprises.  The mystery is what really made me love this book and devour it quickly!

The characters are just as lovable as they were in the first two books.  I loved that Ella and Read’s character development expanded even more and readers got a better glimpse at Read’s softer side.  However, I felt like this book lacked the connection with the secondary characters that the first two books had.  It seemed like Easton, Sebastian, Sawyer and Gideon were hardly in this book at all, especially Gideon.  That really disappointed me since the dynamic cast of characters was what gave these books heart and made them standout.  I know that Easton will be getting a spin-off book(s), but I really want to know about the other brothers as well.  Here’s to hoping that we will get some more books featuring the other brothers. 

The romance between Ella and Read was amazing.  I loved their connection and how genuine it felt.  The affection that Read gave Ella was sweet and I loved how protective he was over her.  The one thing that surprised me was that this book had a lot less mature scenes from the first two books.  I don’t think that is a bad thing, but it usually seems that books usually get steamier as the series progresses and I felt that this was the opposite.  I was also excited that this book started to set up Easton’s book(s)!  

I loved this book series and can’t wait for any other books released that are connected to it in any way!  This series was like book crack for me, as well as many other readers.  I would recommend these books to readers who like steamy romance, angst, cliff hangers and a lot of drama!  I can’t wait to see what other books that these authors release under the name of Erin Watt.



{Rating}


Easton steps closer to me.  His gaze lands on the suitcase near the closet, then locks onto my face.  In a heartbeat, he grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine.  “You’re not running, little sis.  You have to know it’s a stupid idea.”
            I stare at our entwined fingers.  “I’m a runner, East.”
            “No.  You’re a fighter.”

Also check out some of Erin Watt’s other books below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...