Sunday, March 19, 2017

{Book Review} The Prince & The Player by Tia Louise



The Prince & The Player by Tia Louise
Published: May 17th, 2016
Series: Dirty Players #1
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 266
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Let the games begin...

Runaway Zelda Wilder will do whatever it takes to secure a better life for her and her sister Ava. Crown Prince Rowan Westringham Tate will do whatever it takes to preserve his small country.

When Zee is blackmailed into helping a vengeful statesman take down Rowan, she never expects she'll be pulled into a web of lies and international intrigue--much less that she'll find herself falling for Cal, Rowan's "playboy" younger brother.

Ava's no help, as she finds quiet walks in the moonlight discussing poetry and leadership with the brooding future king irresistible. Even more irresistible is kissing his luscious lips.

They're in over their heads, and the more time passes, the more danger the sisters are in. Shots are fired, and it's soon clear even a prince might not be able to rescue these players.

{Review}
I LOVED this book!  It was cute and fun, but it also was able to invoke many emotions.  When I seen this book marked as Cinderalla meets Ocean’s Eleven I HAD to read it!  But to me, instead of Ocean’s Eleven, it reminded me of Heartbreakers (I LOVE that movie!) more.  It is one of those books that would be perfect to devour on a beach or on your summer vacation.  This is one of the very few books that will be going on my re-read pile so I can re-visit it again!

This is my first book by Tia Louise and I loved her writing style.  It was simple and allowed the story to flow well.  The story was also told in a very interesting and unique way.  The plot revolves around four characters, that of course become coupled, and alternates POV’s between one character from each couple.  I am interested if the POV’s will include the other two characters in the next book or even switch POV’s to the characters that were not featured in this book.  Either way, it defiantly made this book stand out from other contemporary romances out there.

I fell in love with these characters, particularly Zee and Cal!  The main characters are two sets of siblings, Cal and Rowan & Zee and Ava.  These siblings were complete opposites in every way!  Rowan was serious and overly protective, while Cal was laid back, spontaneous and fun.  Zee was independent, self-sufficient and did what she had to do to survive.  Ava was the complete opposite and I really had a hard time liking her character.  She seemed so na├»ve, innocent and helpless.  Whenever she talked or did anything, I always thought of her as a child, which really affected the way I viewed the romance she was involved in.  I am hoping that in the next book, her character grows substantially.    

I did like the two romances in this story, but I did love one more than the other.  I don’t really want to mention how these characters are paired because it may be considered a slight spoiler.  I was invested in both of the relationships and wanted to see happy endings for all the characters involved.  I have never read a book that focused on multiple romances before, but I want to try some more in the future.

I really loved this book and cannot wait to pick up the sequel.  Tia Louise is an author I hope to be able to read more from in the future. I love the way she weaves a story that is full of suspense and romance.  This book is one that will defiantly make it on my favorite books of 2017 list!

{Rating}

“It’s nothing compared to my battered heart.  Zelda Wilder is no princess.  The closest I am is a dirty Cinderella, an orphan on the run, and that’s not the kind of girl for a prince.”

Also check out some of Tia Louise’s other books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...