Sunday, April 16, 2017

{Book Review} Edge of Brotherhood by Molly E. Lee



Edge of Brotherhood by Molly E. Lee
Published: April 19th, 2017
Series: Love on the Edge #5
Source: Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon

What do Dash Lexington, Easton Wells, and Connell Murphey have in common?

They put their lives on the line each day they clock into work. That and their fierce love for the women who match them step for step.

When the studio head who produces both Dash and Easton’s shows announces auditions for a special series to highlight the E.D.G.E men’s skills, Connell and an extreme stunt man named Wade Roberts are the first stars chosen.

Their objective? Accompany Easton deep in the Amazon where he’s recently discovered the lost city of Paititi. With half the structure submerged in dangerous waters, a slew of unpredictable rainforest storms, and a nearly inaccessible location, each man will have to put aside his alpha tendencies and utilize his skills in order to survive the perils of the City of Gold.

But when an enemy from Easton’s past threatens the love of his life, she is met with the wrath of the newly formed E.D.G.E. clan, who will stop at nothing to protect the women they love.

{Review}

And when I did not think it was possible to love these books any more, Molly had to give readers THIS!  It BLEW me away!  This has got to be my favorite book out of this entire series, which is really saying something because I loved them all.  I did not know how all of the E.D.G.E men would be together and I will tell you, I was not prepared for how amazing it was.  Molly continues to be one of my favorite authors, producing gems that stand out from the sea of other contemporary romance books.

The writing was amazing, the pacing was perfection and the action kept me on the edge of my seat.  I was surprised how much I enjoyed that this book is solely written from the E.D.G.E men’s points of view.  It gave this series a different dynamic that allowed readers to connect with the male characters on an all new level.  This was an EPIC bromance!  I loved seeing these boys bond and become inseparable.  And the newest recruit, Wade, has got to be my favorite out of all the previous male protagonists.

The plot of this book was genius, with each character serving a purpose and pushing the story forward.  I also felt like each character was given substantial roles, with no characters outshining the others.  I thought that the setting was great and the stakes were higher than they had ever been before.  When starting this book, I was disappointed to find out that not all the girls were going to be included in this adventure, but it felt like Molly may have alluded to a book that will include all the E.D.G.E characters which would be completely EPIC!

Although this book focuses on building the friendship between the men, there is still an amazing romance between Easton and Rain!  These two are one of my favorite relationships in this entire series and I loved seeing how their relationship has expanded since their book.  Easton was so protective over Rain and he was willing to burn down the world to keep her safe.  I also loved that although the other girls were not actively in this book, the other guys’ inner thoughts still allowed readers to see how their stories have progressed since the conclusion of their books.

Overall, this is one of my favorite series and, so far, this is my favorite book from the series.  I loved being able to reunite with my favorite characters, as well as being introduced to another that I absolutely fell in love with!  I CAN NOT wait to read Wade’s story because I already know that it is going to be amazing!  I HIGHLY recommend this series, BUT make sure to read all the previous books before picking up this one so you know each of the character’s histories and relationships without being spoiled.

{Rating}


“I glanced up at her, loving that her eyes were as wide as mine over the zeros.  It was twice more than we earned in thirty episodes.
            “Fuck,” Wade said, snorting as he set the folder down.  “We’re so going to die.”

Also check out the other books in the Love on the Edge series below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...