Wednesday, April 26, 2017

{Book Review} When I Fall by J. Daniels




When I Fall by J. Daniels
Published: March 17th, 2015
Series: Alabama Summer #3
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 343
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

For the past nine years, I’ve kept my heart as far away from my dick as possible.

Those two can’t be anywhere near each other. They don’t play nice, and one of them undoubtedly winds up getting hurt.

Not my dick. My dick is good.

The women I take home know exactly what they’re getting from me—sex. Nothing more. At least, that’s what’s supposed to happen. The sweet brunette from Kentucky I set my sights on tonight shouldn’t have been any different. I had her right where I wanted her. Where I needed her. But when my past comes walking into McGill’s pub, the woman in my arms decides to take things to a whole new level, putting me into a situation I never saw coming.

My heart is about to get f**ked. My dick can sit this one out.

{Review}

I have said it a million times and I will say it again…I love anything and everything that J. Daniels writes.  She is my go to author when I need a little pick-me-up.  Her writing always consumes me, sucking me in and allowing me to escape the everyday.  The Alabama Summer series is so far, my absolutely favorite books by her.  They are full of amazing characters, interesting plots, captivating writing and relationships full of friendship and love. 

As always, J. Daniel’s writing is superb.  I love getting swept away by her words that practically flow off the page.  I LOVED that this book is told in duel POV’s, alternating between Beth and Reed.  Their voices were so distinct; I would have been able to tell whose perspective I was reading in without the labels.  I found that the pacing was great and I found myself speed reading at times to see what was going to happen next.

I love all of the characters in this series, but Reed was one of my favorites!  He is the player of the group who is scared of becoming too attached to someone in fear that they would hurt him.  I thought that it was a typical trope, but Reed’s history and personality put an original spin on it.  Beth was first introduced in this book, which was a nice refresher from the characters in the previous books.  I did struggle with Beth’s character occasionally because she came off very weak at times.  Her character’s past was dark and traumatizing, but I wish that she would have become more independent and strong. 

I also loved seeing the other Alabama boys with their girls.  I felt like even though their stories had passed, readers still were able to get expansions and see how their relationships were progressing.  I will say that Ben and Mia were in this book a lot, which surprised me.  I really like Ben and Mia, but I thought at times, that it took away from Reed and Beth’s story.  

The romance was great and I really enjoyed that it featured multiple romances.  The relationship between Beth and Reed felt very raw and deep.  Reed slowly opening up and letting Beth in came off genuine.  The connection and passion between these two was very evident.  I can’t wait to see how their relationship evolves in the next books!

Like I have said before, this series is one of my favorites!  It is fun, sweet and great to read in the summer or on the beach.  I think that it is impossible not to fall in love with each and every one of the Alabama boys.  I am very excited about where this series is headed and I am going to be VERY sad when it ends.
 
{Rating}

“Hope is a funny thing.  Even when you think you have none, it refuses to lie down quietly.”



Also check out some of J. Daniels’s other books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...