Sunday, May 7, 2017

{Book Review} All I Want by J. Daniels



All I Want by J. Daniels
Published: November 20th, 2014
Series: Alabama Summer #2
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 259
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Luke Evans is a heartbreaker.
I didn’t want to give mine to him. Not when he kept me out.
He gave me enough, just enough to make me fall in love with him. I say this to convince myself. But I know the truth.
I would’ve fallen in love with him at a distance.
Handing my heart over to Luke was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I was naive when I wished for more, when I hoped he wanted the same things I did.
I try to hate him. I try to forget him.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is a ruthless bitch, and I’m her latest victim.
~*~
Tessa Kelly is a man-eater.
When she sets her sights on you, she doesn’t just consume your heart, she goes for your soul.
What we had was perfect, real, and all I would ever want.
But she destroyed it.
She destroyed us.
I try to hate her. I try to forget her.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is for people who have hope, and I have none.

{Review}
J. Daniels has done it again!  This author knows how to evoke every emotion within me, making me laugh, cry, swoon and overall have all the feels!  When going into this book, I was expecting a fun, fluffy read, but it was much heavier and serious than the first book in the Alabama Summer series, Where I Belong.  So far, I have LOVED each book I have read by J. Daniels, but I think this series may just be my favorite.

I absolutely devoured this book!  The writing was amazing; the pacing was perfect and was full of witty dialogue.  I did think that the story was full of tropes, but because all the other elements were done so well, I think that it made the story feel fresh.  This book made me FEEL to the point that I was in tears.  I really related to the heartbreak and desperation that I felt within these pages and I believe other readers will relate too.

One thing that J. Daniels is excellent at doing is creating captivating characters.  I could not wait to get my hands on this book because I LOVED both Tessa and Luke in book one.  Tessa is sassy, determined and hard-headed, but she also has a softer side full of love for others and wanting it in return.  I really related to her character and she is one of my favorite characters from J. Daniels.  Luke is the brooding, hard, stand-offish, won’t-except-love typical alpha male.  It is a character that is well-loved in the romance genre, but sometimes, Luke came off too hard.  I LOVED Luke in Where I Belong, but my love for him became lukewarm in this book.  He was jealous, controlling and demanding, which would have been okay if I would have seen his softer side a bit more.  There were slight glimpses of the softer Luke, but it just was not enough to excuse some of his other behavior.

I really liked the romance in this book.  The heartbreak in this story is very real and relatable.  Any reader who has been in love and did not have it reciprocated can relate to this story.  The connection between Luke and Tessa was very strong and the angst between these characters dripped from the pages.  This was one of the best hate-to-love books that I have read!  I would say that I loved Mia and Ben a bit more, but Luke and Tessa were defiantly a close runner up.

I really liked this book and I absolutely adore the characters in this series!  This is defiantly a series I think that most contemporary romance readers will love.  Each book is unique and different, but still has the same overall feel.  I enjoyed see how Mia and Ben were progressing as a couple and reading about what to expect in the coming books.

{Rating}


“I close my eyes with a heavy swallow.  “In any universe, any version of you I could get, I would find you, and I would love you.”  He moves in, his lips sealing against mine with the gentlest of kisses.  “But I can’t love you today.”



Also check out some of J. Daniels’s other books below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...