Sunday, May 14, 2017

{Book Review} Deep Redemption by Tillie Cole



Deep Redemption by Tillie Cole
Published: July 12th, 2016
Series: Hades Hangmen #4
Source: Purchased
Genre: Dark, Contemporary Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

ONLY THROUGH BLOOD CAN THE DEEPEST REDEMPTION BE FOUND…

He was born to ascend.
He was destined to lead.
He was never meant to fail.


Prophet Cain lies broken and defeated on the floor of his cell. A cell he has been thrown into by the one person who was supposed to stand by his side until the end. His flesh and blood, his only companion. His beloved twin brother.

Cain has sacrificed everything for his people. He left the safety and security of his life of study to infiltrate the infamous Hades Hangmen. He lived with them, rode with them, and then betrayed them. All in the name of a faith he can now feel slipping away from him. Like everything else he once held dear…

But then his isolation is broken. Another prisoner is brought to the cell next to his. A woman fighting her own demons and fears. A woman who Cain understands needs him, as he needs her.

As the connection between them grows, so does Cain’s resolve. He will right the wrongs he has done. He will atone for the evil acts carried out in his name. He will save the one he loves…

… Even if the battle takes him to the gates of hell itself.


{Review}
I can’t even put into words how excited I was to read this book.  I know that Cain/Rider is a very controversial character in the Hades Hangmen world, but he is also one of the most interesting characters that I have ever read.  This book was full of love, forgiveness, strength and a whole lot of heart.  I LOVE this entire series, but this book has got to be my favorite so far! 

Tillie Cole’s writing is always phenomenal!  She has the ability to create such beautiful, meaningful words that flow off the page.  The world building in this book was amazing.  It Ain’t Me, Babe (book one) established a complex, dynamic world, but I felt it was put on hold in book two and three to focus more of character development.  This book really picked up where book one left off, diving deeper into the sick and twisted inner workings of the cult that has caused so much pain and trauma for the leading ladies in this series.  

Although I loved so many aspects of this book, my favorite was the character development of Cain/Rider.  His character is so complex and I was fascinated by his inner struggle about what he was raised to believe and what he was introduced to on the outside world.  I felt sympathy for him and was captivated by the internal turmoil he had to withstand to finally be set free and become who he wanted to be.  Harmony was also a great character, but took a backseat to the development of Cain/Rider’s character.  She was not my favorite female protagonist from this series, but I loved how she was somehow soft and strong all at the same time.

I LOVED all of the new side characters that were introduced in this book!  This series has got to have one of the most dynamic casts of characters and each book introduces more.  I was also very happy that although this book focuses on Cain/Rider, readers still get to have a good dose of the Hangmen.  The ending of this book was bittersweet, but it also felt like a turning point for this series.  I can’t wait to dive into the next book to see how the relationships and characters progress.

This series is one of my all-time FAVORITE series!  It is dark, twisted and at times, uncomfortable, but it also allows me to think outside the box, question my morals and put myself in other’s shoes.  I am very excited to pick up the next book and immerse myself in this world some more.

{Rating}

“If there was ever a man who physically represented a torn soul, it was Rider.  He was two sides of the same coin, a man straddling a barrier only known in his heart.”



Also check out some of Tillie Cole’s other books below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...