Wednesday, May 31, 2017

{Book Review} A Vow of Thorns by R. Scarlett



A Vow of Thorns by R. Scarlett
Published: June 1st, 2017
Series: Blackest Gold #3
Source: Received in exchange for an honest reveiw
Genre: Dark Paranormal Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Never disobey the court.

Never disobey the crown.

And never tame that vicious heart.

In A Vow of Thorns, sacred laws are broken when a beauty holds an iron heart.

{Review}
Words can’t even begin to express my absolute LOVE for this series!  These books draw you in from page one, captivating you with the amazing story telling, dark world and well-developed characters.  Each book in this series keeps getting better and better, with A Vow of Thorns probably being my favorite so far from this series.  I HIGHLY recommend these books and will read (and probably love) anything that R. Scarlett writes!

I have voiced my dislike for books written in third person before, but R. Scarlett’s beautiful, poetic writing makes me absolute love it in these books.  The words flow off the pages and I found myself highlighting large sections because they were breathtakingly beautiful.  The pacing in this was perfect and I LOVED the expansion of world building when it came to the politics and hierarchy of demon society.  It still blows my mind how the plot flows so well, with every bit of information playing some bigger role later on.

I didn’t think it was possible for these characters to become more developed, but R. Scarlett succeeded at adding more dimensions to not only the main characters, but to the side characters as well.  Tensely has got to be one of my all-time favorite male characters.  He is so complex and well developed.  His struggle to fit in with his society and family, as well as battling against his growing love for Molly is one of my favorite parts of the story.  He has the ability to be animalistic, dark and brutal, but still gentle, caring and possessive.  I also really LOVE Molly.  Her character has grown so much from A Vein of Love (book one), becoming strong, independent and protective over what she holds dear.

The romance in this book has got to be one of my favorite aspects.  Seeing Tensely so ruthless and cruel when it comes to all aspects of his life, but kind and caring for Molly would make any girl weak in the knees.  I LOVED all the small loving gestures and touches that Tensely used when they were in the public’s eye to comfort Molly without openly showing affection.  Their love story is one of my favorites and I can’t wait to see how it continues.

I can’t say enough about how much I LOVE this series.  It is epic, beautiful and all-consuming.  Every time I sat down to read it, I was instantly transported into the world that R. Scarlett has created.  It was dark and disturbing, but also beautiful and fascinating.  I really hope this series continues for a VERY long time because I might shed a few tears when it is finally over.  I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book, especially after that crazy cliffhanger!  If you have not read this series yet, PLEASE, go now and start Vein of Love…you won’t regret it!

{Rating}

“I vow to worship you,” he said and kissed her thigh. “I vow to protect you, and I vow to kiss away your pain.”  Her entire body shook against his hold, and he stared up at her, from his knees.  “You will be my equal, my queen, my night sky of darkness.  I would wage war for you.  I would move mountains and steal stars.  Anything, anything,” he spoke with power but his voice laced with find velvet.



Also check out the other books in the Blackest Gold series below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...