Monday, May 29, 2017

{Book Review} When It's Realy by Erin Watt



When It’s Real by Erin Watt
Published: May 30th, 2017 by Harlequin Teen
Series: Standalone
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary NA Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

From #1 New York Times bestselling author duo Erin Watt comes the addictive contemporary tale of a teen rock star in need of an image makeover and the teen girl hired to be his fake girlfriend.

Meet Oakley Ford-teen celebrity, renowned pop star, child of famous movie stars, hottie with millions of fangirls… and restless troublemaker. On the surface he has it all, but with his home life disintegrating, his music well suddenly running dry, and the tabloids having a field day over his outrageous exploits, Oakley's team decides it's time for an intervention. The result: an image overhaul, complete with a fake girlfriend meant to show the world he's settled down.

Enter seventeen-year-old Vaughn Bennett-devoted sister, part-time waitress, the definition of "normal." Under ordinary circumstances she'd never have taken this gig, but with her family strapped for cash, she doesn't have much of a choice. And for the money Oakley's team is paying her, she figures she can put up with outlandish Hollywood parties and a team of publicists watching her every move. So what if she thinks Oakley's a shallow, self-centered jerk? It's not like they're going to fall for each other in real life…right?

{Review}
I absolutely, positively LOVED this book!  It is rare to have a book cause me such distress after I am done reading it, but this book definitely did.  I am VERY sad that it is over.  I have fallen into one of the worst reading slumps EVER and the only thing that is getting me through is looking forward to the amazing books that this author duo writes!  I loved every second of this book and am not so secretly hoping that this is not the last we get of this captivating world and charismatic characters!

Although this read was sweeter, cuter and had a bit of fluff compared to the extreme angst, drama and crazy cliffhangers that was delivered in the Royals series, it was still addictive and I was completely consumed by the plot.  I loved that it was written in first person, with the voice alternating between the two main characters.  It really allowed readers to understand the motives and emotions that these characters were experiencing.

I LOVED the characters in this book!  Vaughn, the main protagonist, is one of my favorite leading ladies.  Even though she is young, she is wise beyond her years because of the tragedies she has had to overcome.  A lot of the obstacles she faces in this book are relatable and I loved seeing her growth from them.  Oakley Ford is absolutely amazing!  He was a hard character to love at first, but as his layers began to peel apart, he slips his way into your heart.  I did have a hard time not seeing Justin Bieber when I read certain parts about Oakley’s rock star lifestyle and how it impacted his behavior.  I also loved seeing Oakley’s transformation from the beginning of the book, but I needed more.  He just started to find himself when the book ended and I wanted to continue on the journey with him.

The romance in this book was one of my favorite parts!  It had a bit of everything!  Hate to love, fake relationship, love triangle and friends to lovers.  I loved the slow burn romance with a dash of angst.  It was so cute to see all of the loving mannerisms that Vaughn and Oakley did for each other.  The forehead kisses, holding hands and small touches made their relationship feel more genuine and real.  I really loved where this book ended, but I also wanted to see how their relationship progresses in the future.

I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who loves a good contemporary romance!  It is a bit different than the Royals series, but it was just as amazing in its own way.  I know that this book is marketed as a standalone, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want more from these characters.  I would love more books focusing on Vaughn and Oakley, but if not, at least get a spin-off from a different couple from the book (hint, hint!).  This is defiantly going to be a book that I will re-read again and again!

{Rating}


“Because this is how we’re supposed to look.  Loved up.  Infatuated.  Just one washed-up recording artist and his made-for-the-press girlfriend.”



Also check out some of Erin Watt’s other books below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...