Wednesday, June 21, 2017

{Book Review} Just an Illusion-EP by D. Kelly



Just an Illusion-EP by D. Kelly
Published: June 21st, 2017
Series: The Illusion #3
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Lives are turned upside down …

Everything was perfect before life came to a screeching halt.

When devastating loss flips Amelia’s world on its axis, she loses her spirit. Mel isn’t the only one hurting, though; the members of BAD are also struggling to find their way after that tragic night.

Life goes on …

Amelia’s friends move heaven and earth to help ease her sadness. Knowing she’s on a dangerous precipice, they fight through their own pain to bring her safely to the other side of her grief.

Love can conquer …

Amelia knows bottling up her feelings isn’t helping anything. With love at her fingertips, all she has to do is reach for it. Mel’s loved ones desperately hope she can once again find her way to happiness.

Can Amelia overcome her fears to let love in again, or will she let the weight of that night continue to drown her in sorrow?

{Review}
This book review was SO hard to write for a multitude of reasons.  If you have read the first two books, you already know that they both ended on HUGE cliffhangers, especially The B Side!  These books must be read in order, so if you have not read the previous books, just know that this series is AMAZING and I highly recommend it!  I can’t believe that these book don't not have more hype surrounding them because they totally deserve it!  I rated EP 5 stars, but if I could, I would rate it a million that is how much I loved it.

D. Kelly’s writing has always blown me away starting from Just an Illusion-A Side and continues throughout this entire series.  I highlighted entire passages within these pages because it was so poetic and beautiful.  This book was full of heart-break and love.  It amazed me how well D. Kelly was able to make those emotions flow from the pages.  I cried the most sad and happy tears I have EVER cried while reading this book.  In fact, I sobbed throughout the entire thing!

The characters in these books are some of my absolute favorite.  This series has one of the most dynamic casts of characters I have ever read.  Each one is well-developed and serves a purpose.  Even when the book is not focusing on the side-characters, it still feels like they are still living outside of the story, continuing life and building their own separate stories.  This book really showcased the amazing family relationships and friendships that were in the previous books.  The support and unconditional love was beautiful and one of my favorite aspects of this story.

I have never in my life read a book that has been as emotionally draining.  I LOVED this book and thought it was a wonderful conclusion to The Illusion series, but I can’t see myself re-reading it again anytime soon.  This is one of my all-time favorite series and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  I want to re-read the entire thing again to re-experience all the emotions, but not until I have had enough time to process all the beauty that these pages hold.

So if you are about to start EP or Side A, make sure you have a glass of wine and a box of tissues.  Be prepared to become very attached to these characters and have emotions pulled from you that you didn’t even know were possible.  This series is amazing and I will absolutely continue to read anything that D. Kelly writes!

{Rating}

“I want that more than anything, which is why I’m trying to claw my way through the last of the darkness so I can live in the light with you.”



Also check out the other books in The Illusion series below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...