Sunday, July 23, 2017

{Book Review} Ruckus by L.J. Shen



Ruckus by L.J. Shen
Published: May 23rd, 2017
Series: Sinners of Saint #2
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Rosie

They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right.
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking.
He is my forbidden, shiny apple.
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth.
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend.
One thing you should know before you judge me;
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first.
Eleven years later, he waltzed into my life, demanding a second chance.
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late.

Dean

They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right.
She sets my mind on fire.
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart.
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like fucking Sirius.
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart.
This time, I dare it to try.
Getting to her is a battlefield, but man, that’s why they call me Ruckus.
Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out how hard I can fight.
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory.

{Review}
Holy crap I did not think this series could get any better, but each book adds more and more to this story and these characters.  This book was definitely more heart-felt and intense than the previous ones.  It made me swoon, laugh, tear up and smile.  I loved every emotion that L.J. Shen pulled from within me and loved how interconnected all these characters and stories were.  The plots became more dynamic and intricate as each book is released.

L.J. Shen's writing is now some of my all-time favorite.  It is the perfect mixture of beautiful passages, heart-felt sentences and addictive words.  The flow is perfect, making it easy and fast to read.  This book kept me up late at night because I had a very hard time putting it down!  I loved getting to see how the other couples relationships were evolving since their books.  I will say that I was really drawn to the parts that focused on Vicious and Emilia, almost a bit more than what was happening between Dean and Rosie.  I really, REALLY would love a novella or an entire other book that focused on Vicious and Emilia again. Their relationship is just so dynamic and addictive!

I LOVE all the characters in this book!  Although Dean is not my favorite HotHole, Rosie is one of my favorite leading ladies within these books.  She is sassy, independent and does not allow the circumstances that are out of her control to determine her happiness.  I do really like Dean, but compared to the other HotHoles, he seems like the least complex of them.  He is still extremely lovable, charismatic and full of funny one-liners.  Of course I loved all of the other characters within this series and can't wait to see how each relationship and character will develop as these books continue to be released.

I really enjoyed the romance in this book.  The situation that Dean and Rosie were in while in high school could have come off as annoying and un-plausible, but L.J. Shen pulled it off and made me feel sympathy and heartache for what these characters had to go through.  I loved how Dean did not treat Rosie like she was about to break.  He allowed her to live and thrive which was exactly what she needed to be happy.  

I am ADDICTED to these books and am already planning when my next re-read will be.  I am anxiously awaiting for the next book to be release and am REALLY hoping we get more books about these characters.  I can't wait to read more from L.J. Shen and have already purchased some of her early books to devour when I need my next fix.  I HIGHLY recommend these books!

{Rating}


"And it was a crying shame that chemistry was an unexplainable string that pulled and bound two people together.  Because that was how I felt at that moment.  Chained.  The way he looked at me, like I was the center of the world, bothered me.  Flattered me.  Possessed me."

Also check out the other books in the Sinners of Saint series below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...