Thursday, July 6, 2017

{Book Review} This is Dangerous by Kennedy Fox



This is Dangerous by Kennedy Fox
Published: July 6th, 2017
Series: Checkmate Duet #5
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Contemporary Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

Logan Knight is a real life knight in shining armor. A detective godsend in a sleek black suit has me thinking less than secretive thoughts. Brooding and mysterious, he’s the kind of guy every girl instantly notices. Between his seductive smirk and charming good looks, it’s no wonder I can’t help the way he makes me feel whenever I’m near him. Too bad he’s unavailable—or so he says.

He thinks I’m a do-gooder who shouldn’t get involved with a guy like him. His past is messy and relationships just add to that. He insists the timing is all wrong and he’s devoted to his career, but I don’t buy that excuse for a second. I see the way his body tenses and his jaw ticks every time another guy is around me. He just won’t admit it, but I’m more determined than ever to show him what he’s missing.

I’m a devoted animal rescuer and I’ll risk everything to save them, but when a dramatic turn of events puts both our lives at risk, I’m positive Logan will write me off for good. But when he asks for my help with a personal crisis, I know it’s my last chance to finally show him I can handle anything he throws my way—messy past and all.

He might think he has me all figured out, but I’ll prove him wrong no matter what he thinks. This game of push and pull has me running in circles. One wrong move and we could both lose.

Checkmate, Knight.

{Review}
The Checkmate Duet books have quickly become one of my favorite series!  All the books are quick paced, entertaining, and full of steamy romance, angst and lots of drama.  I really liked This is Dangerous, but I have to admit that it is my least favorite so far out of all the books.  However, that did not mean that I did not enjoy reading it because I did…a lot!  I can’t wait to see what happens in the conclusion of Logan and Kayla’s duet and what else this wonderful author duet writes next!

The writing in this book was amazing!  I always find Fox’s writing to be very addicting and the pacing kept me on the edge of my seat.  Just like the previous books in this series, I knew that book one of this duet was going to end on a big cliffhanger that would leave readers begging for more…and it did!  My jaw dropped to the floor and I actually had a hard time falling asleep after finishing it because my mind was reeling.

One of my favorite aspects of this series is the amazing characters.  I loved Kayla and the fact that she was so kind, generous and caring for others.  When she was introduced in the previous books, I could not wait to read the duet that would focus on her and Logan.  Logan was an amazing male protagonist.  It was great to see some of his walls crumple since he was so closed off in the previous books.  I really love his history and how he is not a perfect character.  His flaws really made him interesting and dynamic.

I would have to say that I was slightly disappointed that the characters from the previous books did not play a bigger role within this story.  One of my favorite aspects from the first duets was the friendships that intertwined between the books.  I hope to see the secondary characters a bit more in the conclusion of this duet and maybe see their friendships become stronger.

Just like the previous books, I really enjoyed the romance.  I loved how Logan was protective over Kayla, but not overbearing.  It was also really nice to be able to see these characters in a relationship for some time before the conclusion of the book.  I hate when you only get to see a small snippet of what they will be like together because the entire book is spent leading up to their relationship.

Overall, I thought this book was a great addition to the Checkmate Duet series.  I can’t wait to get my hands on the conclusion of Logan and Kayla’s story.  I love the mystery that is woven in with the romance and I am very excited to find out what happens next!

{Rating}

“Falling in love with Kayla Sinclair would be reckless.  Allowing her to fall for me would be dangerous.”

Also check out the other books in the Checkmate Duet series below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...