Tuesday, August 1, 2017

{Book Review} To Crown a Beast by R. Scarlett



To Crown a Beast by R. Scarlett
Published: August 1st, 2017
Series: Blackest Gold #4
Source: Received in exchange for an honest review
Genre: Dark Paranormal Romance
{Goodreads}{Amazon}

She tasted his sweetness, his power, and his love, and it destroyed him.
That iron heart has turned to ashes, leaving only a heartless beast.
One she vows to tame.
One she vows to save.
Before he rips her own heart out.

 {Review}
This book was bittersweet!  It was the perfect conclusion to one of my all-time favorite series, but I had a hard time letting these characters go!  I fell in love with this detailed world, amazing characters, epic romance and the twisted politics.  R. Scarlett has etched a permanent spot on my favorite authors list and I am impatiently waiting for anything else she writes because I WILL be devouring it ALL!

R. Scarlett has the ability to suck me into a story form page one and keep me captivated until the last page!  Her writing is absolutely breathtaking and poetic.  And in this book, I found myself highlighting entire passages in the hopes of being able to re-read my favorite parts (which was pretty much the entire thing!).  I can’t get enough of this dynamic, intricate world that R. Scarlett has created.  The relations between Demons, the dark and twisted politics of the High Court and the backstabbing fight for power were all fascinating!  I am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that this will not be the last time I get to visit this world and these characters!

Of course, I LOVED all of the characters!  Molly’s character has definitely gone through some major character development since readers met her in book one, Vein of Love.  I loved seeing how strong and independent she was in this book.  Her ability to step up in such a vicious environment and take control was very admirable.  She was able to be vicious to protect her family, but still showed empathy and understanding even when it broke her heart.  She has got to be one of my favorite female protagonists!  T-E-N-S-L-E-Y!!!  He, of course, was absolutely perfect!  From the HUGE cliffhanger ending in A Vow of Thorns, I was not sure where this book was going to head, but it was the perfect conclusion.  I don’t want to talk too much about his development in this book since it treads in spoiler territory, but just know that you will NOT be disappointed!

One thing that I really commend R. Scarlett on is her ability to make every character important, each with their own dynamic story.  I felt like in this book, she really left a lot of bread crumbs that I hope she will build off of in future spin-off books (or series…wink wink!)  I can definitely see three stories that can emerge and I am HIGHLY interested in each one! 

The romance in this story was amazing, but looking back at it; I think that this story focused a bit more on character and plot development than the romance.  The romance aspects of course were perfect and the main theme revolved around the connection between Tensley and Molly, but the High Court politics and struggle for power took center stage in my eyes.  However, the parts that did focus on the romance were great.  I LOVED seeing Tensley fight his feelings and Molly try to pull them out of him.  The angst in this book was at an ALL-TIME high!  I was holding my breath, anxiously waiting to see what would happen next!

I HIGHLY recommend this series!  But I would suggest buying ALL the books right away since most of them end on HUGE cliffhangers that will make you NEED the next one right away.  And if paranormal romance is not your cup of tea, I would HIGHLY recommend R. Scarlett as an author.  She is currently working on a contemporary romance and yes, I am already recommending if without even reading it because I KNOW if will be phenomenal!


{Rating}


He started at the rare women in front of him, so tender, but so much venom in her bones and blood.  She was what the gods would have fought for, would have waged wars and conquered cities just to glimpse at that tender venom.
And it was his.

Check out the other books in the Blackest Gold series below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...